Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Shot Glasses

John Galt

Vendor
I didn't search for a thread, and apologize if one exists.

Here is my 1940's fiesta rings barware collection, and a 30's (?) pigskin lined flask.

byre7u4y.jpg

Very nice. I've always been a big fan of fiesta, and I've never seen some of that barware, much less so much of it in one place.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

John Galt

Vendor
It's taken years to compile, although I rarely purchase shot glasses any more.

I'll post my EAPG and brilliant cut shot glasses later.

John Galt

Vendor
Here are a couple of items I've matched because they are both carved from large crystal blanks.

I like that the decanter lid is plainly original and mirrors the shape & carved/polished body of the decanter. I've never seen another shot glass that is carved like this one.

7upebegy.jpg

8uhadybu.jpg

yveryhy5.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
Some civil war era (Doc Holiday style) folding cups. Gentlemen and ladies often carried these on their person. Doc Holiday actually did have one like the one on the left (in a case with his initials), and I saw it sell on eBay some years back for about $2000.00+ with a sworn declaration from the (great?) grandfather of the seller, who was a lawman and friend of Doc's at whose house the item and others were left in lieu of payment for necessaries near the end of his life.

bumubeze.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
A horn shot glass from the highlands of Scotland. These date back to the 1400's, and may well be the oldest shot (dram) glasses of which I am aware. English "firing" glasses might be as old (and Saki cups, I suppose), but I'd have to refresh my memory.

5avy3yve.jpg

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
This is the last for the day, and so unique I have never seen another. There is a small glass ball in the bubble that rolls around and tinkles like a bell when you tip it. Very cool.

This heavy bottom is in the style if a firing glass, but I have no real idea as to the age or maker of this very strange and wonderful item. I asked Mark Pickvet, the author of several shot glass books, and he was none the wiser, but equally impressed with the craftsmanship.

ega4ydav.jpg

See it there?

pypuju2u.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
I'm having too much fun - last one - really. Ever wonder why they call the "depression tall" shot glasses "cheaters?"

They are all the same size, but look at the difference in capacity, from left to right.

eha2u8ez.jpg

This one though, is the cheater beater, it's actually much larger ;-)

yru4abym.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
As promised, Early American Pressed Glass and Brilliant Cut shot glasses.

Here is the bulk of my collection in that regard:

ana7asas.jpg

Last edited:

John Galt

Vendor
This little fella is quite rare. It is a Deming Jarvis shot glass circa 1840, authenticated by the curator of the Sandwich Glass Museum.

rebu5aqy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR