Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Pony by Durable fit pics

willyto

One Too Many
I created a thread about this jacket I bought on Etsy: HERE You can see the seller pictures and mine when the jacket arrived there.

Now is time for fit pics I took on the rooftop of my building. It's super warm here already (28ºC), I was sweating!

I won't be wearing it zipped up all the way, I like how the leather has creased on the top part of the zipper with an open and spread collar.

This is my first true vintage leather jacket and I'm very happy with it. The most expensive one I have also but I don't regret buying it. I was a bit worried about the the sleeves but they don't ride up when flexing the elbows or making movement with the arms in different ways.

Zipped up jacket pictures

bngckiu.jpg
ZQp0VvN.jpg
QPu3tAR.jpg

yO21fMd.jpg
44zaspK.jpg
fT5oVe0.jpg

n39t9pu.jpg
2A0kz41.jpg
c8Nximu.jpg

Open jacket pictures

rZqzYem.jpg
KtFYvtH.jpg
vRmkTfG.jpg

FNKmYQS.jpg
LTTlm5j.jpg
7DcCize.jpg

The jacket arrived from Canada in 2 days, was in customs for 22 days and I had to pay an extra 160€ to receive it so I was worried what would happen if it didn't fit.

The jacket hasn't been treated with anything yet, I read from Tmitchell59 that Vaseline is the way to go and also read that from John Chapman from Good Wear so I guess it's the best thing to do.

Unfortunately it won't see the light until the cold winter arrive.

Last edited:

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
excellent! I got the Vaseline idea here. I've used most stuff out there and the Vas I think works the best.

That is a nice jacket. I think it was a good price. You will probably not see another like it. buying vintage can open up a whole world of desires.

I am really into the cotton/wool linings. Difficult to find in any condition let alone this nice. Tells me the jacket had some use but also care.

The fit is quite nice, I'd say it fits you perfectly. The jacket itself has some very interesting details and it looks to be in remarkable condition. I'm always a bit scared of the vintage game but when it works, as seen here, it's worth the risk!

willyto

One Too Many
Thank you guys! I was a bit scared too about the condition of the jacket but the Lining is in perfect condition, it doesn't have any odors and the leather with a bit of conditioning will feel much better.

excellent! I got the Vaseline idea here. I've used most stuff out there and the Vas I think works the best.

That is a nice jacket. I think it was a good price. You will probably not see another like it. buying vintage can open up a whole world of desires.

I am really into the cotton/wool linings. Difficult to find in any condition let alone this nice. Tells me the jacket had some use but also care.

Now that I got my first vintage one I can see myself looking for more vintage jackets instead of new ones, they're usually better priced and they're more unique most of the time. You just have to wait for the one that checks all the boxes.

I will do the Vaseline treatment and see how it goes.

The fit is quite nice, I'd say it fits you perfectly. The jacket itself has some very interesting details and it looks to be in remarkable condition. I'm always a bit scared of the vintage game but when it works, as seen here, it's worth the risk!

The reason why I got this one instead of others it's because of that, I found it had a lot of different details that made it unique (Sunburst back, half-belt, the lines on the front, the pockets, the chest pocket, the open collar, a Lightning zipper and a the Flash zipper on the chest)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW