Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tempted...An eBay tale of woe. Opinion ladies

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Ladies, I'm tempted.

Tempted to buy this dress. I love the plum colour and the sweet ribbon work

1369367086314100631_rs.jpg

But as you can see in the photo it has some rather irksome staining across the front. I am completely drawn to the dress and it's a larger size (albeit a bit big in the waist, but still I can take that in).

Am I crazy to think about buying this? Should I just click to another page and know that this dress will always have this major flaw.

Or is there a way to fix it. Or would it be that noticable at a night club?

Ladies of the lounge--please advise--before I sink my coin into a disaster that is doomed to stay in my closet, or something that is going to awe and delight when I wear it out on the town!

maisie

Practically Family
That is a gorgeous dress but that colour has to one of the worst for fading!!:rage: I've had quite a few dresses in a similiar colour and they almost always have fading it must of been something to do with the dye they used!:(
If you were willing to dye it then it it is definatly worth it as it is such a large size, but also i wouldn't pay too much incase it doesn't work out.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I´d say: See how high the bidding goes. If you get it super-cheap it´s not such a big risk to get it and see if you can dye it as Jitterbug suggested, but if the price is climbing up and up... Better don´t cause you might lose money on a dress that you can´t fix. I know it hurts to let it pass, but if it gets too expensive better invest in another dress in better condition.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn