Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** SOLD ** New Stetson Milan Stratoliner - 7-1/2

TPD166

One Too Many
New Stetson Milan Stratoliner, size 7-1/2, in Sand (tan). I bought this new at Paris Hatters about a month or so ago, and have worn it 3 or 4 times. It is nice and comfortable hat, but I should have bought the 7-3/8 (they did not have a Sand one in stock). I tried padding it, but still not a good fit for me. I have the airplane pin and will include it. Asking $70 shipped in the U.S. (or possible trade? Also looking for a vintage Resistol Open Road style - San Antonio, Dalworth, etc. in 7-3/8). Please PM or email me with questions (tpd_166@yahoo.com). After a few days, it will head for ebay.

Strat_1.jpg

Last edited:

TPD166

One Too Many
I don't know about a stretch, but it's a fairly generous 7-1/2 (a 7-3/8 Milan Strat they had in a different color was a little tight). I normally take a 7-3/8, but can usually wear a 7-1/2, other than a long-oval (I guess I am between sizes), but I even tried to pad this one and it always felt loose on my head. Here is a headshot wearing it when I bought it, and another with a 7-1/2 Akubra that fits me fine - you can see the Stratoliner sitting a lot lower because it is too big for me. I know that doesnot answer your stretching question (I don't think I would try it), but hopefully was helpful as to how it fits. If you have not done so, you want to read through the forum posts on these hats - it may provide more info as to fit, stretches, etc. - http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?62628-Modern-milan-Stetson-Stratoliner

New_Strat.jpg
Akubra2.jpg

randooch

I'll Lock Up
That's a square deal, Robert! I see that they'd set you back $99 including shipping if bought new, and yours is basically new.

I'd grab it, but I really must stop buying hats for a few minutes. :)

I hope you don't have to go the ebay route!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace