Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
deadpandiva said:
I am totally mortified by these pictures.
I finally made a dress from one of the first patterns I traced. An early 30,s Dubarry.
008_6A.jpg
007_5A.jpg

Late 30's Butterick
002_0A-1.jpg

A Past Patterns 1930's skirt. I wanted to make it longer but I didn't have enough fabric.
004_2A.jpg

This hat would look better at a different angle and the viel needs work. I made the necklace also.
012_11A.jpg

WOW!!! These look fabulous! Great job! :eusa_clap

Lau Mo

Familiar Face
SuperKawaiiMama said:

So adorable! And it fits you perfectly!

My favorite fabrics tend to be from the bargain section as well. Knowing that you got the fabric on sale tends to make the finished product even sweeter.

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
SuperKawaiiMama said:
Before I head off to bed after a long week, I thought I'd give you a sneak peek at the cocktail dress I finally finished and wore out last night. (Haven't even blogged it yet!)
From an original 1959 pattern, I made this up in a satin - (which was very hard to work with and not get ripples and puckers) - found in the bargain bin where all my favorite fabrics seem to be from! I'm rather pleased with the way this turned out and am now thinking about doing another in a deep red velvet for winter. yum.

3351478730_2c2aa2262f_o.jpg

3351478768_2c0b228a43_o.jpg
Just lovely !!! Is that Como House ?

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Here is a skirt I made a long time ago. I wore it for the first time today, it was my daughter's Christening! I felt a little strange posing for the camera. I haven't felt this pretty in a LONG time!
March434.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
I finally finished a sewing project! This is from a Butterick pattern from 1938. I still want to make the jacket and sash- the sash from red silk crepe and the jacket probably an off white linen. :D
surfc03.jpg

The fabric I found new, and it's surfing cowboys. I love it! My lights were casting a funny glow on the fabric, but it is all the same color. haha.
surfc05.jpg

surfc06.jpg

surfc07.jpg

Rachael

A-List Customer
MarieAnne, that outfit is stunning! and I second the congrats on the christening with congrats on looking so good so soon.

Lauren, that pattern made up just like the picture, and the fabric is fabulous. I'm jealous.

I finished the second piece of my retro swap:

3360462302_a80e68f903_m.jpg
3359643291_ffd0895bd6_m.jpg
3360462390_290bfd2eb8_m.jpg

more stuff on my blog; this was a fun one to work with since I only had 1 yard of fabric.

lazydaisyltd

One of the Regulars
Lauren said:
I finally finished a sewing project! This is from a Butterick pattern from 1938. I still want to make the jacket and sash- the sash from red silk crepe and the jacket probably an off white linen. :D
surfc03.jpg

The fabric I found new, and it's surfing cowboys. I love it! My lights were casting a funny glow on the fabric, but it is all the same color. haha.
surfc05.jpg

surfc06.jpg

surfc07.jpg

I love that fabric--absolutely great dress!!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
I made this wee hat--and the baby!

Ladies,

Let me introduce you to my latest project, my little girl, Georgia Poppy! Born Februrary 26th and I'm so proud of my little Peach.

mybaby.jpg

And thanks ladies for all of your inspiring craftiness to get me through my pregnancy and my crazy job. I've been rather quiet this past year and it might continue, but I love reading and seeing everyone else's great handiwork. I just need to nurse mine!

It's so funny--it feels like yesterday that I asking for tips on how to do a vintage style wedding on the lounge in 2006 and now I have a whole new little one to introduce to the way of vintage! Tee hee!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Miss Dottie said:
Ladies,
Let me introduce you to my latest project, my little girl, Georgia Poppy! Born Februrary 26th and I'm so proud of my little Peach.

Congratulations Miss Dottie!!

Your daughter (and the hat) is adorable!! :)

anabolina

A-List Customer
Cute as a button Dottie. Congrats

You look lovely MarieAnne. That skirt also looks perfectly made and your hair is beautiful.

Wow Lauren, what awesome fabric. That has to be a talking point and its a lovely shape. I bet its really flattering on you.

I love that cuff detail and fabric Rachael. Great job!!! What a great idea to think of those square buttons.

SuperKawaiiMama, that is some awesome fabric and it fits you so well. It gives me a serious case of the I-want-that's

I like your hair Antje. Very curly. I also like the dress. It's a great shape for your body and you did a great job with the sleeves. Is that that Vogue pattern?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Miss Dottie said:
Ladies,

mybaby.jpg

And thanks ladies for all of your inspiring craftiness to get me through my pregnancy and my crazy job. I've been rather quiet this past year and it might continue, but I love reading and seeing everyone else's great handiwork. I just need to nurse mine!

It's so funny--it feels like yesterday that I asking for tips on how to do a vintage style wedding on the lounge in 2006 and now I have a whole new little one to introduce to the way of vintage! Tee hee!

She looks like she's smiling at you! Very sweet baby. Congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff