Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you've made!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Kamikat, I ditto what ShoreRoadLady says- FABULOUS! You always make such adorable stuff, and it all suits you so well :D

AmyJeanne, your fabrics are so dang cute! You're getting pretty handy, there with the machine! :eusa_clap

Vintage Verve

New in Town
Lady Day said:
wfront-4.jpg
jacobanderson-sleeveless8396.jpg

With this one, I didnt extend the front bodice enough to my liking so Im going to redo the front. I also added shoulder pads after this shot. I LOVE the fabric, and it turned out so much like the original picture. Once I redo the front, Ill wear it a lot more :)

LD

Super cute! Don't change it Lady Day, it looks great on you!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It looks like winter in Kamikat Land! And what a nice dress.

Lady Day, I adore your plaid dress, it is so flattering! Who cares if they don't match up, I can't tell from here. I want a plaid dress badly now!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
The shoes....$20 from payless ;)

Oh yeah, Im rockin the big bank lol

LD

I just wish there was a way to fancy it up like Tar-gey. I continually amaze my more spendy mom and sis w/ "really, you like these? they are a Payless special, ya know).

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Spectacular work all around. I am having dress envy!!! I am going through sewing withdrawal as my machine and stuff has been all packed up to make room for Turkey Time and to make things worse I am soo broke I can't afford the notions to finish my projects. *sigh* Thanks for all the lovely posts to keep me from going into a full out depression.

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
kamikat said:
I just wish there was a way to fancy it up like Tar-gey. I continually amaze my more spendy mom and sis w/ "really, you like these? they are a Payless special, ya know).

I know exactly what you mean!

I have very close friends with cash to burn.. and they always seem to fond of what I may have one.. especially my shoes.. and they are stunned (never fails) to find out they are from payless or a store of some sort :)

Spendin the MAD money Honey! LOL :p

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Here's my head...

l_6602adc226e54813aacf2f126f7a5b3d.jpg

l_bdaea85bf628418b893f7ecb6d4af661.jpg

http://evadress.com/650.html
My attempt at these trousers. I love them! I'm very shocked at how awesome they look! I've still got a few "hidden" flaws, but I'm getting better. I will certainly wear these out!

Tell me -- do you think the cuffs are too high??

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
Talking a page from my new wartime sewing manual, I decided to use some scrap I had in wool and silk and make an evening bag.

WWIIbook1.jpg

I pretty much went by the directions here except I made it 10" in diameter, a fabric button hole, and trimmed the visible inside with black instead of the silk lining. There is a lot of hand stitching, but i made it in half an afternoon.

IMG_0448.jpg
IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg
IMG_0454.jpg

Its large enough to hold all my modern items (phone camera wallet) for a night! :D

LD

Lady Day, is there nothing you can't sew? That handbag is perfectly DREAMY!

divaabsoluta

New in Town
Amy Jeanne said:
Here's my head...

My attempt at these trousers. I love them! I'm very shocked at how awesome they look! I've still got a few "hidden" flaws, but I'm getting better. I will certainly wear these out!

I think the slacks are great !!! I´m so envious of all you gals who have the talent and perserverance to sew ( like Lady Days dresses ! ) Good job ! :eusa_clap D

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
As always, thanks gals. I've been sewing my brains out. I worked on this during the 4 day weekend...

n624014163_1112836_666.jpg

It's from this: http://evadress.com/6222.html
My chest closure didn't turn out as snazzy, but any looser and it looked silly. I'm sure it was intended for a flat chest originally.

Sunny

One Too Many
Amy Jeanne said:
As always, thanks gals. I've been sewing my brains out. I worked on this during the 4 day weekend...

n624014163_1112836_666.jpg

It's from this: http://evadress.com/6222.html
My chest closure didn't turn out as snazzy, but any looser and it looked silly. I'm sure it was intended for a flat chest originally.
That's terrific! As one who's also had chest-button issues, I recommend some strategic hooks and eyes or snaps. They're pretty handy. ;)

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
bag2.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg
IMG_0497.jpg

I thought this bag was so unusual. I had never seen one that just folds over your arm like that. Huh! SO I used some scrap wool, and some cotton twill. I liked it, and here you go.

IMG_0500.jpg
IMG_0501.jpg

I made this more out of curiosity than use. Making this made me realize I gotta work on setting my zippers :eusa_doh: Of course, zippers wouldnt have been available during war time (and thats stated in the booklet quite a few times), but shhh, dont tell anyone ;)

LD

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Amy Jeanne said:
Here's my head...

I think they're fantastic! I actually saw this picture, scrolled no further, went straight to eBay and started looking for vintage slacks patterns! I found one, no quite so cool as yours, but had all the main features (high-ish waist, straight leg.) I love the buttons and the cuffs!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn