Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us what you have Crafted!

Vanessa

One Too Many
Over the weekend I got a bug to make curtains for the kitchen in my new 'old' Spanish cottage.

Curtains:
IMG_0381.jpg

Detail of trim & fabric:
IMG_0383.jpg

Yes, those are little chickens wearing sombreros. It's a reproduction print from a specialty quilt store.

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Cricket - If you were referring to my post - I would be happy to direct you to my brand new etsy site. If you would like to PM me - don't want to get in trouble here on the thread!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I made pillow cases.

IMG_0552.jpg

They were super easy. Each one took less than 15 min from cut to surge to sewing. The openings have between a 3-5" turn under, depending on the length of the pillow I want to use them on.

I needed some, so these are from larger scraps, and now I know I can spoil myself with real soft fabric that might be too pricy to get enough to make a garment out of, I can make a pillow case out of it.

There is this to die for cotton thats $18 a yard. Half a yard and I got a lovely rest-bit for my head. Yay!

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Being unemployed, and having very little cash to buy gifts with, I decided to stray from my normal gift of making a Christmas card, and taking a tone from the feed sack thread and make do and mend thread in the Golden Era, I crafted my gifts from some good old fashioned reusing.

I took the scarap fabric that I thought was cutest and made mini 'feed sacks' for the baked goods Im shipping out to my friends and family. They either get a loaf of cinnamon sweet bread or a loaf of whole wheat bread baked by me.

cin.jpg

Knowing my sickness, um, love, for vintage buttons, I scanned actual button cards and retooled them into recipe cards (and explanation/seasons greeting cards) to accompany said baked good. I finished off the look with some buttons and a bow and off these treats will go tomorrow, if there is no rain.

IMG_0596.jpg

The whole project cost me very little. More time than anything (and I have plenty of that). Maybe 3 bags of flour and some sugar. The rest I had on hand.

LD

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
Being unemployed, and having very little cash to buy gifts with, I decided to stray from my normal gift of making a Christmas card, and taking a tone from the feed sack thread and make do and mend thread in the Golden Era, I crafted my gifts from some good old fashioned reusing.

I took the scarap fabric that I thought was cutest and made mini 'feed sacks' for the baked goods Im shipping out to my friends and family. They either get a loaf of cinnamon sweet bread or a loaf of whole wheat bread baked by me.

cin.jpg

Knowing my sickness, um, love, for vintage buttons, I scanned actual button cards and retooled them into recipe cards (and explanation/seasons greeting cards) to accompany said baked good. I finished off the look with some buttons and a bow and off these treats will go tomorrow, if there is no rain.

IMG_0596.jpg

The whole project cost me very little. More time than anything (and I have plenty of that). Maybe 3 bags of flour and some sugar. The rest I had on hand.

LD

Lady Day, you NEVER cease to awe me.

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Pure Genius!!

Lady Day! Those are precious!!! I think they are incredible!! If I were your friend I would be totally wowed!! You have inspired me - I think I will see what I can create today - since I am, well, totally broke!! Thank you!

Rachael

A-List Customer
having fun with scraps myself, making tote bags out of bits and pieces. Since I'm broke and haven't been able to drive for days, I've kept myself busy. This is my favorite:

000_0063.jpg

and yes, it's really a skirt:

000_0064.jpg

I was wishing I had polka dot or heart print fabric for the underside. maybe next time.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Aw thanks ladies, they were real fun to do. Im an intensely project oriented person, so all the details are the jewels for me. To finish the presentation, I originally wanted to wrap the shipping boxes in twine (to cover the plain brown paper wrapping), but the post office would not let me :rage:

Rachel, that bag is so cute. You should make one with a petticoat next ;)

LD

Lorena B

Practically Family
LD, as unemployed and currently quite broke, i must say, you have giving me a lesson, you dont really need to spend, spend, spend to show to your family and friends how precious they are for you.

Wow, such a fantastic idea, and so well presented!!
Thank you for the lesson.:eusa_clap

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Some embroidery

and meant to post this ages ago. I did some embroidery of a sweet vintage kitty pattern on some tea towels. I took up embroidery this spring in an effort to give my arms a break from knitting. I forgot how much fun embroidery is! I must admit that I was inspired by Alicia Paulson from her great blog http://www/rosylittlethings.com which I highly recommend checking out.

Anyway, hope you like my handiwork!

kittytowels1.jpg

kittytowels2.jpg

kittytowels3.jpg

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Miss Dottie said:
and meant to post this ages ago. I did some embroidery of a sweet vintage kitty pattern on some tea towels. I took up embroidery this spring in an effort to give my arms a break from knitting. I forgot how much fun embroidery is! I must admit that I was inspired by Alicia Paulson from her great blog http://www/rosylittlethings.com which I highly recommend checking out.

Anyway, hope you like my handiwork!

kittytowels1.jpg

kittytowels2.jpg

kittytowels3.jpg

You've inspired me to take up embroidery again! I was searching for another hobby since I don't have a t.v. and suddenly have loads of time on the weekends. :) I used to embroider in high school but got away from it. Now I"m excited to take it up again and I think these towels would be a great project to start with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff