Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Modern Borsalino fedora in a mirtillo blue, which was a nice surprise, because seller sold it as black to me. Size 57 with the raw edge brim at 6,5cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. The liner shows it's been worn, but what can you do? Not vintage Borsalino but it was destined for resale anyway (hence the white background).

Another Borsalino that came with the other one. Also in blue.

Modern Borsalino in blue (no name to the colour). Size 59 with the raw edge brim at 6,5cm and the crown at 11cm at the center dent. Striking colour and likely intended for a female. Quality better than the previous one posted, but nowhere near a vintage Borsalino. Off to resale it goes.
Not the best in the raw but always decent hats. The second more

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!

More of this Maurice Pirot in the French Hats and Makers thread!

20240505_164025.jpg 20240505_164059.jpg 20240505_164749.jpg

Check it out!

VoodooSan

Practically Family
Likely a stay-at-home day, so posting here instead of daily wear. Another score off the bay. This one is a Wynewood, my first ever. Not much info out there, as you all doubtless know. There’s no model name on the hat, and my estimate of its vintage as sometime in the 60s is merely a hunch, based on shape and style. This is the DARKEST brown I can remember owning; half the time, inside the house, it looks black. It has a 1.75” top-stitched brim, a crown of 4” at the center crush and 4.5” at the side, and a 2” ribbon. I seem to have an inordinate number of fedoras of this style and general coloring, so perhaps I’m about done acquiring any more. Or not….:D
Wynewood 1.jpg
Wynewood 2.jpg
Wynewood 3.jpg
Wynewood 4.jpg
Wynewood 5.jpg

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars
Likely a stay-at-home day, so posting here instead of daily wear. Another score off the bay. This one is a Wynewood, my first ever. Not much info out there, as you all doubtless know. There’s no model name on the hat, and my estimate of its vintage as sometime in the 60s is merely a hunch, based on shape and style. This is the DARKEST brown I can remember owning; half the time, inside the house, it looks black. It has a 1.75” top-stitched brim, a crown of 4” at the center crush and 4.5” at the side, and a 2” ribbon. I seem to have an inordinate number of fedoras of this style and general coloring, so perhaps I’m about done acquiring any more. Or not….:D View attachment 611983 View attachment 611984 View attachment 611985 View attachment 611986 View attachment 611987

The touch of red makes it pop!

Likely a stay-at-home day, so posting here instead of daily wear. Another score off the bay. This one is a Wynewood, my first ever. Not much info out there, as you all doubtless know. There’s no model name on the hat, and my estimate of its vintage as sometime in the 60s is merely a hunch, based on shape and style. This is the DARKEST brown I can remember owning; half the time, inside the house, it looks black. It has a 1.75” top-stitched brim, a crown of 4” at the center crush and 4.5” at the side, and a 2” ribbon. I seem to have an inordinate number of fedoras of this style and general coloring, so perhaps I’m about done acquiring any more. Or not….:D View attachment 611983 View attachment 611984 View attachment 611985 View attachment 611986 View attachment 611987
Nice addition Mark.

RickP

Familiar Face
My nice mailman dropped off a new box today... I needed a new rugged wear outdoor hat and found a pre owned LLBean / Stetson -Moose River in silverbelly. Its beautifully soft ( definitely not "cowboy hat felt"). Pretty decent condition. Can anyone identify from the pics about its age? Im guessing late 70's early 80s?.

It was a decent cost and I figure it was meant to be as my Chocolate Labs is named Moose lol Compress_20240507_122714_4906.jpg Compress_20240507_122715_5340.jpg Compress_20240507_122715_5681.jpg Compress_20240507_122716_6008.jpg Compress_20240507_122716_6313.jpg

Mighty44

One Too Many
I’ve been on the wagon—this is my first new hat since December. It was my birthday so I went ahead and got myself something I really wanted—a beautiful condition Whippet. These photos in direct sunlight are a little misleading since it is quite a dark charcoal gray. Very happy with this one.

Cheers,

David
IMG_3452.jpeg

IMG_3455.jpeg

IMG_3454.jpeg

RickP

Familiar Face
I’ve been on the wagon—this is my first new hat since December. It was my birthday so I went ahead and got myself something I really wanted—a beautiful condition Whippet. These photos in direct sunlight are a little misleading since it is quite a dark charcoal gray. Very happy with this one.

Cheers,

David
View attachment 612265
View attachment 612263
View attachment 612264
Nice! Thats almost exactly what I intend to replace my newer Whippet with someday (If they ever made one in 7 3/8 lol)

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many

Cheers,

David
View attachment 612265
View attachment 612263
View attachment 612264
Awesome David, that’s a real beauty! And just in time for Whippet Wednesday!

Happy belated birthday as well. I reckon you are about my age - I’ll be 39 again this year ;)

VoodooSan

Practically Family

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Cheers,

David
View attachment 612265
View attachment 612263
View attachment 612264
That is certainly one great birthday present, David.

Many happy returns of the day, and congrats on that wonderful Whippet!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
My nice mailman dropped off a new box today... I needed a new rugged wear outdoor hat and found a pre owned LLBean / Stetson -Moose River in silverbelly. Its beautifully soft ( definitely not "cowboy hat felt"). Pretty decent condition. Can anyone identify from the pics about its age? Im guessing late 70's early 80s?.

It was a decent cost and I figure it was meant to be as my Chocolate Labs is named Moose lol
View attachment 612257 View attachment 612258 View attachment 612259 View attachment 612260 View attachment 612261
I'm looking at that barcoded label and thinking, surely this century.

Did Stetson hats have such labels back in the 70s/80s?

They possibly did, and I need to be more educated on the subject. I'm perhaps too used to European hat labels sans barcodes.

It's a great looking hat, Rick. I'd be happy too if my postman came my way with it. Congrats.

VoodooSan

Practically Family
I'm looking at that barcoded label and thinking, surely this century.

Did Stetson hats have such labels back in the 70s/80s?

They possibly did, and I need to be more educated on the subject. I'm perhaps too used to European hat labels sans barcodes.

It's a great looking hat, Rick. I'd be happy too if my postman came my way with it. Congrats.
Steve, barcodes and UPC codes were in use in supermarkets in the U.S. by the early 1970s. Not sure how long it took the technology to be adopted by other industries, but it certainly seems possible.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Steve, barcodes and UPC codes were in use in supermarkets in the U.S. by the early 1970s. Not sure how long it took the technology to be adopted by other industries, but it certainly seems possible.
I'm sure it is possible, Mark, and I don't doubt it.

I know the barcode was invented and used as early as the 40s and 50s, but I've always thought a hat with such a label was much more modern than the 70s or 80s.

Again, I'm not necessarily questioning the date of the hat, but more my ignorance of such a label.

I know Reggie @Dlaniger has many of these Stetsons with such labels. Hoping he amongst others can enlighten my ignorance.

Mighty44

One Too Many
Nice! Thats almost exactly what I intend to replace my newer Whippet with someday (If they ever made one in 7 3/8 lol)

Awesome David, that’s a real beauty! And just in time for Whippet Wednesday!

Happy belated birthday as well. I reckon you are about my age - I’ll be 39 again this year ;)

Gorgeous!!

That is certainly one great birthday present, David.

Many happy returns of the day, and congrats on that wonderful Whippet!
Thank you all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany