Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Here is the Miller right out of the mail.
975a505d.jpg

I love unreeded sweatbands
9343ed86.jpg

562cc7f3.jpg

I found this inside the sweatband
4610783a.jpg

This is a dark green with almost white or gray fibers showing also
0c6f7adb.jpg

5a982c46.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Montana Peak, looks like Park Ranger hat to me. The strap is worn behind your head to cup the crown of your skull unless you are horseback, then under the chin.
You could go with a center crease or even an alpine/cattleman too.
Here is my ebay Stetson 3X with a version of a Montana Peak as suggested :)
84f30c71.jpg

It's dry bashed and not quite centered but this IS my first one
2511f41c.jpg

I also tried this...
950e4e57.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Very nice Stetson, Mike, but the Miller is just sublime. My Miller has the same, wonderful spruce-green heather finish felt, with the same tall crown with 2" brim rather than your 2-1/4". Liner and sweat are different on mine, as is the ribbon. Looks great on you as well.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I like them all, Mike. Especially cool wind cord on the Stetson, and that Miller color is real pretty! Show a noggin shot of the Gus vs. Montana peak if you feel up to it.

RichardH

One of the Regulars
Ok, I need some honest input. I picked up this Dobbs Twenty on Ebay. It's in wonderful shape - looks better than my new Stetson as far as condition. I'm just not sure about the stingy brim. It was a bit shorter than I figured. Again, please be honest. I like the feel and quality of the hat, just not sure about the look yet.

Thanks,
Mike

IMAG0237.jpg
IMAG0236.jpg
I like how the hat looks on you. All you gotta do is wear it with confidence, like it's not "really there", if that makes any sense. Other than that, you should tilt it to the right a little, it's not a hat if it isn't tilted!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Here is the Miller right out of the mail.

975a505d.jpg

5a982c46.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!!! That's even nicer than the auction pictures. That hat is absolutely phenomenal!! I have to say, out of all of your hats, that has to be my favorite. Is that crown 6 inches open? You gotta post these pics to the "Pre- 1940's" thread.

I love that kind of heather felt. Its not a multicolored heather, but more like a solid color with white fibers thrown into the mix. I have a similar hat from the 20's thats brown with the white fibers.

DSC05367.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Thanks everyone! I'm still not sure about this Miller on on me - it's very "loud" for my personality. I'll see if I get used to it.

Nice wins there Mike!

Is the red tag still inside the possible Playboy? The ribbon is perhaps a replacement also.
The only tag that is in the hat is this...
ead95172.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
unbelievably quick delivery for this Wellington. The colors floor me.

011copye.jpg

008copym.jpg

But :eusa_doh: doofus at work again, here: I knew it would need a little stretch (7 to 7 1/8), and at first tug the seemingly unblemished sweatband turned out to be completely dried out and came right off the stitching. :mad:

I can crumble it in my palm. Well, at least it fits now, even if it scratches my forehead. Suggestions, anyone?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, that is a great looking hat so I'd send it to one of the hatter guys and get a new sweatband installed (unless you can do that stuff yourself).

I have a velour Borsalino that needed a sweatband and the nice folks at Optimo did a super job on it. I think Parker at Falcon Park does that kind of work as well - Mike posted some hats he had worked on, I seem to remember.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Jeff, that is a great looking hat so I'd send it to one of the hatter guys and get a new sweatband installed (unless you can do that stuff yourself).

I have a velour Borsalino that needed a sweatband and the nice folks at Optimo did a super job on it. I think Parker at Falcon Park does that kind of work as well - Mike posted some hats he had worked on, I seem to remember.

+1

Jeff, great looking Hat. Give him a chance and replace the sweatband.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass