Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mechanic's Jacket

fats

New in Town
I've just about abandoned my search for a good Mechanic's or Ike Jacket that's not made in PRC.
I'm looking for something unlined (definitely) and cotton (preferably) since I'm in Cali.
I checked out some military repros (Ikes and m-421's), but have only seen them in khaki and OD. I have in mind something dark blue or charcoal, and more at home in a gas station than on a battleship.
Any ideas?
Thank you!
-fats

blethook

One of the Regulars
You might want to visit Lost Worlds' website (new york based). I believe they have mechanic's jackets & other non-leather jackets in their sale section.

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Thanks Peacoat! Thats an awesome jacket for the price. Do you have one? Curious if their Medium is like a 42 or if I have to Large?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I own an unlined Dickies utility coat in grey; the Eisenhower model. Very good product for the price.

It's probably made in PRC but its a classic looking item.

fats

New in Town
Thanks, blethook and peacoat, I'll check those sites out.

I think the Dickies is probably the way to go, Seb. I was looking at the exact same one (grey, unlined Ike) before looking for a 'boutique' version.

-fats

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I like that one Jack. Do they run large or small? I wear an XL in the Dickies line but they run small - fits more like a modest large or a 42.

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
I like that one Jack. Do they run large or small? I wear an XL in the Dickies line but they run small - fits more like a modest large or a 42.

I'd say they run normal. I usually wear a 44 long so I ordered a large-long in the Eagle Ike and it fits well. An XL would definitely be too big for me. They clean up quite well too. I know that after getting puke all over it:D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic