Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lewis Leathers Jacket Ripped/Thoughts?/For Sale.

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
Just curious, for everyone who has looked so far, do you think it's an issue with the assembly of the jacket? The design of the jacket? Or possibly an unusually weak hide? Not necessarily puzzling, but I think it's interesting that it's both armpits.

Damon141

Practically Family
I had noticed they didn’t do an outer stitch on the sleeves similar to the old Canadian Brimaco jackets.

If you find somebody that will work with you, maybe they can put a football gusset in place which would give you more movement. I couldn’t tell you if it’s possible or not though.

Like on my jacket you see below and many many other brands used this design.
IMG_7090.jpeg
IMG_7089.jpeg

leathermilitia

New in Town
Good luck talking to Lewis... I tried sending mine just to restitch under the arm, they gave me a quote and then proceed to tell me they couldn't do the service because I hadn't bought the jacket from them.
their customer service can be very weird sometimes. I asked about buying the racing outsole and heel to resole my racing boots and told me they couldn't do it at all, nor sell me the outsole/heel nor tell me who their supplier is so i could buy it myself since Ive like the sole a lot for street wear. I've had conflicting answers to things over the decade from LL. never bought a jacket from them, only boots (I have to send my pair back to have a zipper replaced but to be fair I Really beat those boots hard and have drunkenly pulled them off more than once without fully unzipping), and gloves, but they wouldn't do simple custom alterations for me which I thought was odd since they do so much other custom options.

I wanted a lightning or cyclone with the elbow pads from the star lightning on the sleeve and they said I can't "mix and match styles" but apparently I can get an orange jacket with stripes with different linings...? whatever. on the other hand, goldtop told me they'd make me any custom jacket I wanted, this was awhile back though before goldtop really expanded as a budget LL competitor.

On the subject of leather ripping though, I've beat the hell out of mine with daily wear since I was a teen (rocker) and i've never had any leather rip on me, this is with no care or treatment over years of abuse so yeah that's "odd" lol

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I had noticed they didn’t do an outer stitch on the sleeves similar to the old Canadian Brimaco jackets.

If you find somebody that will work with you, maybe they can put a football gusset in place which would give you more movement. I couldn’t tell you if it’s possible or not though.

Like on my jacket you see below and many many other brands used this design. View attachment 566831 View attachment 566832
To the OP - this is just what you need - under arm "footballs" that help with movement & flex.

A shame this occurred as you indicate.

Hope you have it resolved by now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum