Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnson Leather Jacket

X83

One of the Regulars
Cost is almost double Aero (and that's totally fine, but worth noting).
Well that also depends on what your are getting also so I’ve done custom for about 1300 some more some less and I’ve also paid about 1k for an aero shipped to the USA both amazing

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well that also depends on what your are getting also so I’ve done custom for about 1300 some more some less and I’ve also paid about 1k for an aero shipped to the USA both amazing

I agree. And to be clear the extra cost for their customs is because they're making you a pattern (a certain b-word Canadians like to abuse) as opposed to adjusting length on a stock pattern, so I don't think it's unjustified. I love both makers.

Stock Johnsons are about the price of stock Vansons.

X83

One of the Regulars
I agree. And to be clear the extra cost for their customs is because they're making you a pattern (a certain b-word Canadians like to abuse) as opposed to adjusting length on a stock pattern, so I don't think it's unjustified. I love both makers.

Both great jackets and while we are on the subject of both makers I’ve sent some of my Aeros for adjustment to Johnson for my premier highwayman they put a beefy #10 zipper it’s much more functional for that jacket trust me and for my aero type 3 in olive Vicenza they slimmed down the sleeves for a more snug fit they also did a yoke swap on my aero sunburst with a nice number 8 cxl I have pictures of all 3

Aloysius

I saw the yoke swap, though I was a bit confused by it since Aero has no shortage of CXL!

X83

One of the Regulars

Both great jackets and while we are on the subject of both makers I’ve sent some of my Aeros for adjustment to Johnson for my premier highwayman they put a beefy #10 zipper it’s much more functional for that jacket trust me and for my aero type 3 in olive Vicenza they slimmed down the sleeves for a more snug fit they also did a yoke swap on my aero sunburst with a nice number 8 cxl I have pictures of all
I saw the yoke swap, though I was a bit confused by it since Aero has no shortage of CXL!
my jacket had developed a weird stain after just on wear and instead of sending it all the way to aero i went with Jl since im in the states

STPmotor

Familiar Face
Cost is almost double Aero (and that's totally fine, but worth noting).
Yeah I guess depends on what they consider a 'custom' pattern and what are considered modifications...which is totally up to them, why its hard not to get a little cagey about price. My 'custom' DEL-66 will be a couple hundred bucks cheaper than a similarly spec'd 1930's Half Belt.

Have a weird anxiety that someone will quote me out of context, saying so and so said you did x jacket for x price.

either way as mentioned - have found their pricing very fair, cool that they do so many 1 of 1 jackets

Aloysius

Yeah I guess depends on what they consider a 'custom' pattern and what are considered modifications...which is totally up to them, why its hard not to get a little cagey about price. My 'custom' DEL-66 will be a couple hundred bucks cheaper than a similarly spec'd 1930's Half Belt.

Makes sense though because if you're close in size to the patterns they already have for that, then it's just a matter of your mods for pockets or other little details.

If they haven't made your size before in a given design (let alone a custom design) or the changes is more than a little nip then a pattern needs to be made. I did ask them to hold on to the pattern for my jacket for my future use but potentially you guys could request it as well.

Rugby

One of the Regulars
Makes sense though because if you're close in size to the patterns they already have for that, then it's just a matter of your mods for pockets or other little details.

If they haven't made your size before in a given design (let alone a custom design) or the changes is more than a little nip then a pattern needs to be made. I did ask them to hold on to the pattern for my jacket for my future use but potentially you guys could request it as well.
Their pricing is also tied to the material used. I've had two CXL HH and a bison hide and they were in the 1300+ region. Had I chosen, say, goat or steer, it would've been a couple of hundred or three cheaper

Aloysius

Their pricing is also tied to the material used. I've had two CXL HH and a bison hide and they were in the 1300+ region. Had I chosen, say, goat or steer, it would've been a couple of hundred or three cheaper

Yep, the pattern cost is similar to the upgraded leather cost. I'm not complaining at all.

Rugby

One of the Regulars
Yep, the pattern cost is similar to the upgraded leather cost. I'm not complaining at all.
I forgot to mention that the two HH jackets were variations of patterns they had, plus the sizes are above the average jacket size. So all factors considered I found their pricing reasonable. I have not had any aero products, but from what I've seen their prices are quite comparable.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Stock size, stock leather. These run at a fraction of a new Aero and I like it alright.

D446D43F-E9F9-4EB9-A70C-372D1242FD91.jpeg
B621A51E-C1E2-4CA5-B871-F144AF2F05E5.jpeg
9934AA17-4300-4BA5-855B-C8A824704E7E.jpeg

The „designated bakery-walker“ hair-do comes free of charge, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic