Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I brought some Royaura shirts so you don't have too.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I admit it, I was a fool. I should've known that just because something's advertised here on FL doesn't mean they do business like we do, nor that their products are quality. BUT I like bowling shirts and other casual summer gear so I pressed on the link here in the lounge and went to their website. I found three shirts that I liked, and paypaled the money. Here's my experience.

1. I didn't check the origin of the products. They're from (you guessed it) China. Nothing against the country nor some of their products. My home theatre amplifier is a "Tonewinner" a Chinese product. But the difference in quality between a $1,300 9 channel power amp and $29.00 shirt should've given me pause.

2. Before my shirts had even shipped I was bombarded with emails asking me to buy more products AND give my opinion of the shirts I HADN'T EVEN GOTTEN YET.

3. I ordered 3 shirts and got 2.

4. I wear an XL now in jackets and shirts. neither of the shirts fit. Couldn't even get one of em over my shoulders.

5. The material is not cotton, not silk (like some vintage bowling shirts I have) nor any other familiar synthetic material. It feels like someone stripped the upper layer off a poncho or some other water proof device and printed a pattern on it. It's almost completely non-breathable. I was going to put a match to one to see how flammable it was but the old lady said "hell to the no". The label DOES NOT list the materials the shirts are made of!

So of course I'm going to try and get a refund, but don't hold out much hope there. I finally sent them their feedback. I hope they like it. So, in case you're tempted to go down that rabbit hole, don't say no one warned you. Also the same outfit is selling suits online. Caveat Emptor!

Worf

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Are they a forum sponsor?

If you like that sort of casual shirt, I got Hawaiian shirts from the same supplier used on Magnum PI for like $50 a pop, made in Hawaii, from a store there online.

EDIT: Looks like they're $60 now. Still a great value and great product.

A note of advice. I downsized from my usual M to small due to the measurements, but the shirts shrink dramatically so I would trust their measurements next time. Need to sell the smalls to someone.

Al 916

One Too Many
I ordered a waistcoat during UK lockdown. Looked great in the picture...............

I just filed the experience away under 'doh..

Facebook often shows me ads for what appear to be bowling shirts with cool retro designs at low, low prices. A quick search of the advertiser shows at least five negative reviews for every positive one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany