Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Spectacles

Mystic

Practically Family
I wear fedoras because I like them. :love:

I wear glasses because I want to see.

I wear clothes because other people prefer that I do. :rolleyes2:

I attempt to look, as my mother used to say, "nice" when I go out.

But, I don't stress over the "Look". :yo: :happy:

Lt.Tom

Familiar Face
So far, I've only had to wear glasses to read, and as seldom as I get to sit and read outdoors, I haven't really thougbht about it. Since I started wearing a hat I have switched to a completely different kind of sunglasses, though. Pretty much any time I'm wearing sunglasses I've got a hat or a cap on.

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
I did have one of my hats on when I went to pick out the frames for my latest glasses. My previous pair I had worn for years were the barely-there kind with basically transparent everything. But these are more noticeable so I wanted the whole effect to work.

Then I wore my other hat when I went to actually place the order. Started wearing the glasses almost immediately before getting what I consider now my Good Hat (the Tumwater). Definitely made sure the hat worked with the glasses/frames.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
1714660123601.png

Now there's a photo that takes you back to the days when indoor smoking wasn't banned and tobacco didn't kill you. So glad that I checked to see if there was a thread about spectacles before I started a new one.

For years I have been searching for original 1940's roundel frames.
Roundel specs 003.JPG
These I came across at a festival and had them fitted with my prescription. The problem with them is the missing piece of frame on the right lense, that's the left as you look at them.

Roundel specs 004.JPG
Then I found these and thought it would be easy to source a new left arm. Yeah right!

At the last eyesight check-up at the optician, I mentioned the problem about vintage glasses and showed them those two frames. What a surprise when the optician went to a drawer and produced a pair of spectacles exactly the type that I had been searching for, amazing!

All I need to do now is pose in them with a hat. I must remember to practice the withering stare over the top of the frames, the stare that had miscreants squirming, back in my days as head honcho.

Roundel specs 005.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
hat & glasses 003.JPG

Tina said that these glasses make me look intelligent!
Fat chance of that!
By the way, the reason that you see me in sunglasses so often is
because they are actually photochromic lenses, that means that
they go dark in bright light. Strong sunlight affects my eyes,
so much so that it can actually trigger a migraine.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters