Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Stetsonian at home

5f13ea8f02258f84202a47caebff681f.jpg
0c130aceb047c350d94640fc2a1f94ea.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

You might have noticed the donuts didn't survive long enough to get in the picture. Maybe I can try again tomorrow morning.

I want to wear my CD's a few more times because it won't be long before I'll have to go to some of my lighter weights like my Portis, Cavanagh, & my Knox 15.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
You might have noticed the donuts didn't survive long enough to get in the picture. Maybe I can try again tomorrow morning.

I want to wear my CD's a few more times because it won't be long before I'll have to go to some of my lighter weights like my Portis, Cavanagh, & my Knox 15.
Lol. And yes I'm doing the same thing. Giving my darker "heavier" fur felts a little more (pre summer season) head time. Sorta like a bear piggin out before hibernating.

Lol. And yes I'm doing the same thing. Giving my darker "heavier" fur felts a little more (pre summer season) head time. Sorta like a bear piggin out before hibernating.

I do switch more to lighter hats in the summer, but I wore my CD through the hottest parts of July and August last year with no problem. Still a great walkabout hat.

Stetsonian at home

5f13ea8f02258f84202a47caebff681f.jpg
0c130aceb047c350d94640fc2a1f94ea.jpg

Chamuco, the Macallan 12's, Sherry Oak & Fine Oak have been really shooting up in price here. Do you find that to be the case as well? A few yrs ago Macallan claimed they couldn't get enough of the first fill Sherry casks so prices went up & they expanded the oak series. Now the oaks are going up in price too.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
Chamuco, the Macallan 12's, Sherry Oak & Fine Oak have been really shooting up in price here. Do you find that to be the case as well? A few yrs ago Macallan claimed they couldn't get enough of the first fill Sherry casks so prices went up & they expanded the oak series. Now the oaks are going up in price too.
Same sssthing here Jack....

I think that every time they have a product that gets lots of success. They tend to get an idea to increase the price.

Don't really know if it is real the cask issue but they use it for some tequila brands too,

It happened with Glenfiddich and Glenlivet before, with Herradura, anyway life finds a way.

There's always some italian liquor around the corner my friend !!!

Tomorrow I will get another hat, 3 straight Stetsonian days are more than enough !!

aea0fcea737ba5e425bc9192b4170bca.jpg
20d18931acd8be3058fecd0c821f0208.jpg

Same sssthing here Jack....

I think that every time they have a product that gets lots of success. They tend to get an idea to increase the price.

Don't really know if it is real the cask issue but they use it for some tequila brands too,

It happened with Glenfiddich and Glenlivet before, with Herradura, anyway life finds a way.

There's always some italian liquor around the corner my friend !!!

Tomorrow I will get another hat, 3 straight Stetsonian days are more than enough !!

aea0fcea737ba5e425bc9192b4170bca.jpg
20d18931acd8be3058fecd0c821f0208.jpg

My favorites are Speysides & in particular those aged in Sherry casks. A couple of the better liquor stores here have gone to having a monthly sale & a wkly sale that runs from Wed thru the following Tues. They email the ads since no one takes the newspaper any more, so I've had to resort to watching those & stocking up when my favorites are on sale.

That Stetsonian is a beautiful hat! The Stetson outlet nearest me had no Stetsonians in my size, only 1 Whippet & a couple Stratoliners. They did have a nice Royal Deluxe something in Sage but whatever model it was, it was only a 2" brim. I won't speculate anymore as to what I was told why that was. My source got in trouble.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
My favorites are Speysides & in particular those aged in Sherry casks. A couple of the better liquor stores here have gone to having a monthly sale & a wkly sale that runs from Wed thru the following Tues. They email the ads since no one takes the newspaper any more, so I've had to resort to watching those & stocking up when my favorites are on sale.

That Stetsonian is a beautiful hat! The Stetson outlet nearest me had no Stetsonians in my size, only 1 Whippet & a couple Stratoliners. They did have a nice Royal Deluxe something in Sage but whatever model it was, it was only a 2" brim. I won't speculate anymore as to what I was told why that was. My source got in trouble.
You are my kind of friend Jack !!!

Another single malt that has really shot up in price recently is Highland Park. I would rarely buy HP 10 so I don't track it but HP 12 & 18 ( don't buy 15 either) have priced themselves out of the market I think. There are better whiskies for the money.

Another single malt that has really shot up in price recently is Highland Park. I would rarely buy HP 10 so I don't track it but HP 12 & 18 ( don't buy 15 either) have priced themselves out of the market I think. There are better whiskies for the money.
If ya'll like single malts, you might try Talisker, made on the Isle of Skye. It has a smooth peaty/smoky flavor. It made me learn to appreciate Scotch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy