Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Size Issue

prisoner6

New in Town
Hello, I am new here and have enjoyed reading through the threads and learning from all of you.

I came here interested in Flat Caps, and still am, but hve now decided a nice Fedora would be a good addition for me.

Herein lies the problem. I have a large head. Easily Size 8. This makes just buying hats somewhat of a difficulty. My options are always limited.

Can anyone suggest a good place to find a good "starter" Fedora-style hat in a Size 8? I have little to no hope of finding anything locally, and will likely have to buy online. I prefer a style more in line with what would have been worn in 40's - 50's if possible.

Any recommendations?

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Size 8 hats do occasionally pop up on ebay. I purchased a Stetson sovereign in size 8 about a year ago on ebay and a Resistol cowboy hat. You could also post a WTB posting in the classifieds. There are some others here on the forums who have large hats.

Hoss & da Posse

One of the Regulars
You will probably end up going the custom route, especially if you are "easily an 8". Check out Falcon Park Hattery for a more reasonably priced custom; I think they are starting out around $150 which is an incredible price for a custom hat. Parker has already moved his prices up once; as he becomes more established, I'd expect those numbers to continue north. Good luck and welcome to the Lounge.

prisoner6

New in Town
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Falcon Park Hattery looks great, I will definitely contact him. Also posted in the Classifieds so we'll see what I find.

Any other suggestions are welcomed. I am discovering that finding some of the best resources will be done by recommendations.

prisoner6

New in Town
I have had my head measured once and they told me it was an 8. Measuring myself (which could be completely wrong) gave me similar results. I have XXL hats from manufacturers which are small.

I would love to have my head measured by someone who knows what they're doing, but Hatterys seem in short supply in Charlotte.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass