Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frye Leather Carcoat?

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The other day I was scrolling through the ebay vintage leathers and came across this carcoat by Frye, apparently dating back to the 1960's or '70's. The style is very close to the Aero Stockman, and the leather appeared in the close-ups to be very heavy and grainy steerhide. It's a little over four pounds, and is black with a brown underlayer showing through at the points of abrasion, a look I like a lot. As the sizing looked right and the price was $89.00 I went for it and was surprised when I won. The modern version looks like cheap crap, but this jacket seemed substantial. I should know in a few days. Anyone ever owned one of these or know about them?

Last edited:
No experience with Frye but I picked up a Lakeland Leathers carcoat for $49 on the Bay and it is a fabulous chunk of cowhide. There are some real deals on vintage Leathers on the Bay.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Off the original topic, but I have a Lakeland too that I picked up locally. Full belted carcoat length. It is some nice cowhide. I need to dig it out and wear it again soon.

Michael

Screen Shot 2017-01-11 at 10.58.37 AM.jpg

Here is one on Craigslist. Seller says he bought it at Urban Outfitters 25yrs ago...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn