Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Two Vanson jackets came up in France and Italy via Vinted:
44 Cafe Racer for ~250eu:
https://www.vinted.fr/items/3390730543-blouson-cuir-vanson
1693060508440.png

1693060514214.png

Waxed cotton (!) moto jacket - Size L - 200eu (!)
Looks fantastic!
https://www.vinted.fr/items/3392256621-giubbotto-cerato-vanson
1693060575175.png

Crazy size 50 Vanson coat for 350eu in DE as well:
https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anze...militaermantel-bikermantel/2516096259-160-483
1693061085063.png

1693061092859.png

Nothing my size ever comes up..
Also what's up with TFL servers lately? So slow and throws errors often.

Last edited:

polaris

New in Town
34-36. Small skinny ba***rd :)
Something around 19-20" ptp, 17-17.5" waist/hem, 17-17.75" shoulders, 24-24.5" sleeves, 23.5" back ideally.
Have a look at these, there's a 15% discount coupon available until tomorrow midday for mercari items through buyee. Quite a few cheap 34-36 that you can have for about 300€ including shipping and vat

Searches for Vanson 34 and 36:

Two 34s and one 36:

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Two Vanson jackets came up in France and Italy via Vinted:
44 Cafe Racer for ~250eu:
https://www.vinted.fr/items/3390730543-blouson-cuir-vanson
View attachment 542606
View attachment 542607
Waxed cotton (!) moto jacket - Size L - 200eu (!)
Looks fantastic!
https://www.vinted.fr/items/3392256621-giubbotto-cerato-vanson
View attachment 542608
Crazy size 50 Vanson coat for 350eu in DE as well:
https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anze...militaermantel-bikermantel/2516096259-160-483
View attachment 542609
View attachment 542610

Nothing my size ever comes up..
Also what's up with TFL servers lately? So slow and throws errors often.
I thought it was my computer. I am experiencing really slow labored reloads on pages lately.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
It's a server side thing. Would be interesting to hear what the admins say about this as it's definitely not the first time the TFL servers experience performance issues. I think they are financed purely by ads, don't think I've seen any donation options.

In terms of finding my size used stuff in Japan - sure, I've seen quite a few jackets that I think might fit me. But I'm still chicken about buying used stuff from Japan and I'm not sure how well they measure the jackets. I think in the future I'll overcome this fear and doubt and start risking buying stuff from buyee.jp, but not yet. Sticking to EU market for now. Excluding US market as well..

Having said that - thank you @polaris for taking the time to look around for stuff my size, I appreciate it :)

Bluechel

Practically Family
It's a server side thing. Would be interesting to hear what the admins say about this as it's definitely not the first time the TFL servers experience performance issues. I think they are financed purely by ads, don't think I've seen any donation options.

In terms of finding my size used stuff in Japan - sure, I've seen quite a few jackets that I think might fit me. But I'm still chicken about buying used stuff from Japan and I'm not sure how well they measure the jackets. I think in the future I'll overcome this fear and doubt and start risking buying stuff from buyee.jp, but not yet. Sticking to EU market for now. Excluding US market as well..

Having said that - thank you @polaris for taking the time to look around for stuff my size, I appreciate it :)
See below @TartuWolf

cbez

One Too Many

in my experience the measurements have been on point. japanese sellers seem to take the transactions quite seriously. out of probably 20+ purchases I've only had one I was unhappy with, where some surface cracks weren't disclosed.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
@cbez Thank you for the reassurance.
I know @Canuck Panda has talked about this as well, but what's your opinion about what platform is best for buying from Japan?
buyee.jp?
Are there any others that you monitor that have stuff that you won't see on buyee.jp?

cbez

One Too Many
I use fromjapan, the prices seem a lil better, but customer service stuff can take longer than buyee

there seems to be a big mercari sale going on now with from japan and buyee:

sz40 rainbow country g1 in buffalo

sz36 brown mccoy 30s style

sz 34 j-57 mccoy from the new zealand era. nice hide

34 v small two tone freewheelers d pocket

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Is the zipper replaced? Can't read the name, looks newer? I just sold one like this same early 50s label. this seems quite a good buy, the jackets from this era are fine as anything out there. I'm trying to stay away from another MC jacket. I already have an embarrassing number.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff