Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finds and Deals - Leather Jacket Edition

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
This is a rather interesting looking jacket. 1930s styling but I wonder if it wasn't made for the 1989 Batman film, in a style paying homage to the era when Batman was first created. The YKK sleeve and pocket zips aren't 30s vintage, either they are replacements or the entire jacket is 80s built to look like a 30s jacket. But it's very well done if it's a 80s jacket.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225854663341
That is an interesting jacket, I'd like it more without the Bat. No doubt made during the early Batman movie craze.

This one is from the mid 40s. On ebay
s-l1600 - 2023-11-02T180549.057.jpg
s-l1600 - 2023-11-02T180556.188.jpg
s-l1600 - 2023-11-02T180603.703.jpg
s-l1600 - 2023-11-02T180542.462.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
This jacket is really cool. I briefly owned a Jelado leather jacket that was quality.

I’ll go look for that DD/Monarch combo. Wool?
Yes, I can find the link. I'm not sure what search would bring it up. Mine was big. I have pics/video somewhere. I don't know that they mention DD. It was a great reproduction.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Pretty sure those listings are a scam. The listing has been removed by eBay. I've seen RRL leather jackets also listed for starting bid $1.

I don't know if it's the same seller(s) but for the past month I've been tracking a vintage Kamaka ukulele. Start price $1. No BIN option on the actual auction, but in the description it lists a BIN price and directs you to copy and paste a link that conveniently includes "ebay" somewhere thrown in. Seems like a bait and switch tactic. Funnily enough, it also says in the description that any bids will be removed.

It might actually be a legitimate business that is just using eBay as front to advertise but I'm wary of copying and pasting a link to find out.

Kamaka_Tracker.PNG

30s HH Laskinlamb Grizzly size 46 (no measurements) Auction starting at $1. In the description it says there’s a buy it now of $2070.

[/URL]

View attachment 558333 View attachment 558334

View attachment 558369
The same seller has this painted East West jacket... woah!

Yeah that’s pretty damn cool.

Someone jumped on that grizzly. Was a great buy at that BIN price. Probably would have went over if the auction ran it’s course.

AHP91

Practically Family
Pretty sure those listings are a scam. The listing has been removed by eBay. I've seen RRL leather jackets also listed for starting bid $1.

I don't know if it's the same seller(s) but for the past month I've been tracking a vintage Kamaka ukulele. Start price $1. No BIN option on the actual auction, but in the description it lists a BIN price and directs you to copy and paste a link that conveniently includes "ebay" somewhere thrown in. Seems like a bait and switch tactic. Funnily enough, it also says in the description that any bids will be removed.

It might actually be a legitimate business that is just using eBay as front to advertise but I'm wary of copying and pasting a link to find out.

View attachment 558404

Pretty confident the jacket belonged to seller “gambinica”. Can’t see who it belonged to in the recent listing. I bought and returned a jacket that came from the same seller/collection. The grizzly was sitting a while back for 2400 or so. I just checked and oddly the seller used to have pretty large inventory, now has nothing listed.

jeo

One Too Many

View attachment 558404

Thanks for posting and pointing this out, very helpful to people here seeing any future listings that have a similar setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace