Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doubts about authenticity of Real McCoy's Buco J100.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Neither I nor Tom knew that the jacket was 15 years old until he asked his partners in Japan. He was also unaware of the smell issue until yesterday, something that other colleagues on the forum have kindly explained. The goal of this thread was to be able to verify the authenticity of the jacket at the end.
I have only been in this Hobby for a very short time and there are many things that I don't know, therefore I can ask questions that to expert eyes may be somewhat absurd, but I don't feel ashamed about it nor do I think it should be that way, since no one is born taught.

I'm not mocking you to be clear, it's just funny to think of. The only leather I have that's so strong smelling (and I love the smell of it) is Schott's horsehide. Everything else just smells neutral after being out of the box in my experience. Even my Horween products.

Torvic

Familiar Face
I'm not mocking you to be clear, it's just funny to think of. The only leather I have that's so strong smelling (and I love the smell of it) is Schott's horsehide. Everything else just smells neutral after being out of the box in my experience. Even my Horween products.
No problem, the leather that smells the strongest of the few I have is Badalassi by far, very pleasant to my taste by the way.

Last edited:

Torvic

Familiar Face
These are the areas that I have been able to find of wear on the jacket, a grayish color, which confirms that it is a black core.

Sorry for the quality of the photos, I don't have the best camera on my phone.

In this thread that I published some time ago, I found in my obsessive search, the most worn images of the Rmc J100 black core that I have seen online.
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...p-black-black-core-model.114284/#post-3084571

PS: It won't let me edit that thread, I put the color in which it fades as green, I have been able to verify that it is gray, in the photos it looked different due to the lighting I suppose.

Attachments

• 20240508_200110.jpg
    20240508_200110.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240508_195946.jpg
    20240508_195946.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff