Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

ShrunkinCowboy

New in Town
My wife just stumbled across a pair of old Hyer boots out of Olathe, Kansas.
They are pretty decent shape, a mens size 7 D, and actually fit her pretty good!
Strange how she can always find inexpensive gems, in little out-of-the-way places, whereas I cannot???

Steve

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Ice Queen in cowboy boots
isdrottning12.jpg

Me today in icey cold Sweden. Any FLers from Texas are more than welcome to PM me, I'm planning to move to your neck of the woods!

bootsclose-up.jpg

Here's a close-up my beloved thrifted boots. Can you date them?

Last edited:

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
Here is a pair I made for a pal of mine.
1904andpaulsboots005.jpg

The vamps and counters are elephant the shaft is white kid and the eagles are inlaid with elephant.

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
For Cherry lips.
Hard to put an exact date on these but I would say 70's. All white boots were popular for women in Mexico thru the 90's. A friend who's brother ran a factory down there used to make about 30,000 a year.
We just replaced the boot pulls on a pair yesterday. They had ugly fringe and glued on rhinestones. We replaced them with mule ears that have red interwined hearts inlaid on them. I will try to get a picture of them.

Last edited:

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
For Cherry lips.
Hard to put an exact date on these but I would say 70's. All white boots were popular for women in Mexico thru the 90's. A friend who's brother ran a factory down there used to make about 30,000 a year.
We just replaced the boot pulls on a pair yesterday. They had ugly fringe and glued on rhinestones. We replaced them with mule ears that have red interwined hearts inlaid on them. I will try to get a picture of them.

Thanks for yoru reply! I love white boots. Please post pics of the boots with hearts, they sound pretty! For anyone else who enjoys this thread, I can recommend How The West Was Worn http://www.amazon.com/How-West-Worn-Holly-George-Warren/dp/B000C4SWF4/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1328392822&sr=1-1

Richard G

New in Town
Old guy - old leather

Here are my "vintage" boots. Lucchese's are from 1979 and the flowery one made by Jesse, the bookmaker in Phoenix in 1977. Still have the receipt and they still fit my aging feet!
Boots1.jpg

Cheers from Switzerland

kyboots

Practically Family
Here are my "vintage" boots. Lucchese's are from 1979 and the flowery one made by Jesse, the bookmaker in Phoenix in 1977. Still have the receipt and they still fit my aging feet!
Boots1.jpg

Cheers from Switzerland
Those are beautiful. My first Lucchese's were similar to the ones on our left, the ostrich. Mine are a little darker. Bought them in Dallas for a lot more than they would be now since ostrich is sssoooo much cheaper now. The date was 1992 and they are signed on the inside. Still wear them some and love them.Mine are size 12D even though I am now a 13D. Fell in love with ostrich boots after that.--John

bigshoe

One of the Regulars
Now that I am in my 60's one of my greatest rewards has been to pass on what little I know to the next in line. This is my employee and apprentice Alyssa with the first inlay boots she made. She did all the inlay, fitting and sewing. Some day soon she will be one of the greats.
11433.jpg

Big_e

Practically Family
I love my western boots and wear them mostly in cool weather and in the warm season, I wear them for as long as I can stand the heat. They look good when you dress up as well as casual wear. I do recommend that you avoid buying them online and walk into a western wear or tack store to buy them. I do prefer ropers over rodeo boots since ropers are easier to work or walk in. But rodeo boots (with the higher heels and pointier toes) sure do look pretty don't they?!

Spend a good 45 minutes to an hour trying them on since a poor or loose fitting pair is only a nightmare to walk around in. A great fitting pair of boots will become a part of you. As mentioned above, get at least 2 pair of good boots. Not so much for the wear factor but to let a pair air out and dry from any sweat.

My boots:
Ariats in black. My dressier ropers. I was assured by the salesman that these could pass a metal detector since they use wood pegs and no metal tack or nails as most modern boots do. I don't fly but I guess it's nice to know.
Ariatblack.jpg

Double H ropers. I like the shaft of these boots and they are pretty good walkers.
DoubleHropers.jpg

My boots I wear at work, Durango ropers. I like that these have a higher shaft than most ropers do.
Durangosblack.jpg

The only rodeo boots I have. My Ferrini caymens. They looks nice but don't get much wear. They actually look better with jeans than with slacks and I rarely wear jeans anymore.
FerriniCaymans.jpg

My brown Justin ropers, easily my favorite pair along with my Ariats. If I was allowed to wear brown leather at work, I'd always wear these.
Justinropers.jpg

Ernest

camjr

Familiar Face
I've always been a big fan of Tony Lama boots. I owned a pair of bullhide western heels for close to 30 years before multiple resolings just made it to where they wouldn't fit any longer. I've got a pair of TL shrunken shoulder Stockmans and a pair of Dan Post black cherry Kangaroo ropers that are very comfortable.

Here's the Tony Lama shrunken shoulder
boots.jpg

A good pair (or 2, or 3, or...) is essential here in Texas. Some of the most comfortable pair of boots you will ever own once broken in.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff