Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BRAND NEW Diamond Dave Russet HORSEHIDE Acme A2 - TRUE SIZE 38R!

OliverTwist

New in Town
I purchased this jacket a little over a month ago. It's an exact repro of an AC Order No-W535ac21996 by Aero Leather Clothing Co. of Beacon, NY. The weight and hand of the Shinki horsehide is amazingly close to originals. It's been heavily tumbled to give it a really authentic look.

I only received the jacket weeks ago and I must say, it's beautifully made. It fits like a comfortable 38. I'm 5'9" and approx. 165 lbs. I couldn't be happier with the fit. I actually had it made twice as it was initially a size too small. Dave completely recut and remade the jacket for me. It's a perfect 38. I have to be honest however, and admit that I simply don't find the cut of the jacket flattering to myself. That has nothing to do with the jacket itself. I just don't find the collar to be aesthetically pleasing and I think I'm going to go with a different type of flight jacket, other than an A2.

The jacket has actually never been worn. It's not been broken in yet. It's never left my apartment since delivery. It is literally brand new. I paid approx. $950 USD. I'm asking only $699, shipped.

See photos below. I'd be glad to answer any additional questions.

(edit: scroll down to 7th post for embedded photos!)
JJEcrDA

Last edited:

OliverTwist

New in Town
Size info, duh!

Here goes; all measurements taken flat with jacket fully zipped...

Shoulder seams, across back: 17.75"

Back Length from top of collar to hem: approx. 26.75" (approx. 25.5" below collar)

Sleeves from shoulder seam to cuff: 24.5"

Chest from pit to pit: 22"

Waist: 21.5"

Front Length from shoulders to hem is a bit trickier so I've attached a photo below: approx. 27.5"
http://i.imgur.com/0y242O4.jpg

Sleeves from underarm to cuff is also a trickier measurement so please refer to photo:
http://i.imgur.com/BUYEu8J.jpg

IMO, I don't think you'll find a better made flight jacket in a higher quality hide anywhere else for similar cost. I'm very disappointed that it doesn't suit me better. I'm taking a hit on the cost to the tune of approx. $250 but I suppose my loss is someone else's gain. I'd very much like to see this go to a forum member who can appreciate it for what it is!

To post the pictures, just use the BB code. it's down a couple on the right on Imgur.
Any fit pics? I'm curious.
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany