Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beaver Brand Hats Final Auction

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Rusty, fantastic photos and a super report, fantastic your new thin ribbon too. I guess it was a paradise for friends of hats!

Mike, congrats to that fantastic haul, those old Blocks, Ribbons etc. are in good hands now!

RBH

Bartender
zp5y.jpg

Brooks Atwood [ owner Atwood Hats ]
Mike Moore

If you ever get a chance to set down and have a beer with Brooks...
ask him what he thinks about a certain hatter from Virginia ....

Brooks and Jr.

licw.jpg

Brooks is a damn good singer also!!

[video=youtube;TfaEj3dfklo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfaEj3dfklo[/video]

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I'm glad that Mike got a lot of the good stuff. I saw a picture with Graham from Optimo as well. I know he buys all types of stuff for his store. Now I wish I was there.
Does anybody know if there were any wooden flanges there? I saw a lot of blocks but no flanges.

RBH

Bartender
I'm glad that Mike got a lot of the good stuff. I saw a picture with Graham from Optimo as well. I know he buys all types of stuff for his store. Now I wish I was there.
Does anybody know if there were any wooden flanges there? I saw a lot of blocks but no flanges.

I did see some wood flanges...but mostly the aluminum block and flanges that fit the blocking machines they had.

ln5z.jpg

Last edited:

majormoore

Vendor
there was about 12 wooden flanges, they had no need for any all hats that had to be flanged were done on the alum flanges on the 25 flange machines that were in the plant.

Mike

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Thanks for letting me know about the wooden flanges Mike. We use those for renovating and they are hard to get today.

Duck

Practically Family
Great haul guys!! Mike, I can't wait to get by the shop and check this stuff out!
Rusty, love the thin ribbon you got!

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
My word......THAT WAS AN INCREDIBLE AUCTION based on the pics. I'm really sad to see Beaver Brand close after so many years, but its awesome that Mike got so many cool items. Those vent hole punches are an incredible find!!! I don't think I've ever seen pictures of them before. I MUST make my way to visit Mike again. I'm excited to see all of his new hat machines!! Congrats!!!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

majormoore

Vendor
Been, working on just the 2 ply, 3 ply and 6 ply ribbon today, that was taken off my truck, still have a trailer full. There is so many unreal colors in the 3 and 6 ply ribbon, that are tagged with labels from National Hatters Supply, trying to just start sorting out, still have 40 boxes in the shop that has the 4, 6, 9, 12, 14, 16, 18 22 linge ribbon, all I did was pull open and if it had 2 to 6 ply put it on the floor, if it had the linge ribbon, I just closed the lid and piled them up
It will be a month with help just going thru this ribbon, and getting a count, then I still have the machines and more ribbon in the trailer. Just going to take my time on all this

Mike

My word......THAT WAS AN INCREDIBLE AUCTION based on the pics. I'm really sad to see Beaver Brand close after so many years, but its awesome that Mike got so many cool items. Those vent hole punches are an incredible find!!! I don't think I've ever seen pictures of them before. I MUST make my way to visit Mike again. I'm excited to see all of his new hat machines!! Congrats!!!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Hi Mike,
Any chance that you would sell some of the ribbon? Id love to know what types of machines you found there.

majormoore

Vendor
I will have some ribbon for sale it will be about 3 to 4 weeks before I have it sorted out. All kinds of equipment was sold there, I got two finger blocking machine, two air operated vent design stamp machines, a table top brim cutter machine from 1" to a 6" by making the adjustments as needed, a very old brass brim cutter that is table mounted and you put the hat in it and push, will even do a angle cut. A 5 gallon bucket of curling irons to use on my three brim curling machines I got in March, that I am rebuilding right now.
Could have bought alot more if I would have had a way to get it back, wish I had took my 26 foot trailer now, but if I had may not have gotten the deals I got, so I am very happy with my buy this weekend.

Mike

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
That's a positive attitude ! I'm glad you got what you did. I wonder what happened to al of the sewing and tacking machines. From the pictures , there seemed to be a few of them .
I think if I had gone there without any of my staff, it would have been overwhelming!!
Steven

jskeen

One of the Regulars
Just out of curiosity, what's the general feel for the quality of the hats Beaver was turning out the last few years? I'm sure it runs the gamut from high to so so, but in general, how did they stack up? If you see a semi finished or finished hat on feebay and suspect it came from the auction, would you tend to bid more or less than you would for a comparable hat in another brand?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn