Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Orangegrad

Practically Family
You are exactly right Orangegrad , that was my intent but I can see art deco there also.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Makes me wonder if art deco was inspired by our Native American cultures. Yes, I do see the geometrical patterns of art deco in the ribbon. Gorgeous ribbon work, by the way.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Love the Anasazi Mike !
may I repost, The Aztec
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv8%3C74%3Dot%3E7%3A77%3D487%3D34%3B%3DXROQDF%3E278724755725%3Aot1lsi

My 1st VS hat, I requested a brown Milan with a Krazy ribbon, Art did his thing, he actually delivered it in person.
I made the name up & was very happy & hooked
Now I have around 10 or more VS hats & love em all
Art has always picked & designed ribbons for my hats with out my interference,
I just pick the Lite-felt or Milan body color
232323232%7Ffp734%3A5%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D369633846934%3Bnu0mrj

Brim 2 3/8'' front 2 1/2'' sides, Crown 5'' at its tallest point, Ribbon 1 7/16''
Super nice & squishy Milan weave, Just like the old days. I wear this a lot & still looks new.
:cool:

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Totally agree, and like Che says let Art do his art.

Hi

I did that and it came out well. I'm not done with the pictures yet and I need to work on the brim a little. More later, busy at work. I wanted a replacement for a Stetson Temple in Brown, that wasn't just a copy. It's shaped like an Indy hat, but in slightly different colors.

later

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Mike fantastic hat!! You too Che! The temptations are getting real bad again!! :) I've got a new Art Lite in Sahara I need to show off to you. I'll get that done as soon as I can. You guys keep showing those hats! They're great. Art keep em coming!

gambit

New in Town
Those are awesome ribbon works, Seabass and Mike! Anyone know what colors Art has available for Milan straws and how much he charges for them? I won't order one now since I have another hat on queue, but good to know if I wanted one in the future.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I have been asking $225 for the Milan's that I have from Winchester Gambit but I am currently working on natural, actual wheat straw, Milans that will be available in a few months at approx. $350. These are the bodies I am making here in house.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Will do Bruce, I'm almost there. I finally received a large shipment of plait from China and it looks terrific. I leave tomorrow for another trip to LA and am taking a class on Sat with one of the country's leading straw hat makers along with picking up another sewing machine. It's coming together!!!

TomS

One Too Many
I'd like to mention the excellent customer service I've received from Art. He has built a couple of custom hats for me recently, and I'm impressed with his communication, and attention to detail; Of course his regular customers already know all about that.
Best,
Tom

Orangegrad

Practically Family
New arrival - photo heavy

For those of you who have seen my "what hat are you wearing today" photos, you know I love Native American culture and jewelry. So when I saw Art's Anasazi - I knew I wanted one. The Anasazi were the pre-history forbears of the Pueblo tribes of New Mexico. As my wife and I are considering a move to New Mexico, and we're taking a trip there in late December, I knew I wanted an Anasazi sooner rather than later. And after a very brief wait, the hat arrived this morning.

The felt color, dimensions, ribbon work - it all says Pueblo nations. And the geometric patterns of the ribbon work will go with my Navajo jewelry as well as it does with Pueblo art. Everything about this hat is comfortable - from the sweatband to the soft diamond crown - to the light-weight felt. I'm happy. Very happy.

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

IMG_2259.jpg

The jewelry is by Navajo artisan Peter Nelson
IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Very nice, Andy. What's the felt color, sunset or camel?
Looks like a dress weight felt, judging from the raw edge and the creases, btw.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Can't tell if the felt is dress weight or not. It's very light weight whatever it is. Very supple. Holding it against the swatches, I think it's camel. But I'd call the color adobe, of course.

By the way, I have a Black Cherry on order. After seeing yours, I knew it would fit a gap in the collection.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
To my knowledge both camel and sunset come in dress weight only.
Apart from that, the Winchester dress weights are still comparatively light, and the lighter (thus bleached) colors are very moldable as well, but they lack the thinness of the lite felts which shows in the brim edge and the way the creases fold.

Both weights have their place. You'll see the difference when you get the Black Cherry Lite.

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Andy, looks outstanding on you !!!!! cool Bolo as well

Art is it Lite or dress felt...? ive been wanting a Sunset colored VS but I only have & wear Lite felt

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes