Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Bootlegger, 42, brown FQHH

blm14

A-List Customer
i own an almost identical one, leather and everything (I asked for like 3 additional inches in length because I am tall, and all torso).

The bootlegger is a great jacket. Mine ALSO runs about 2 sizes too big (was told that in scotland they often wear huge warm sweaters under them and that is reflected in the sizing). Tagged 42 but closer to a 46/48 (which is my real size). On me it's very fitted. The cut is pretty nice IMO. Has a straight zip like an A-2 but the collar makes it kind of look like a crosszip.

Just an endorsement :) I would nab this if it was a little longer and not the exact same leather I already have

Wardo1974

A-List Customer
Well, no Aero jacket is an off-the-rack buy.

They start with your basic body stats and make adjustments from there. Some guys who are my height and weight have beer bellies with stick arms, so it means the final sizes are naturally different.

When I went through the sizing process, they told me for my needs, it would be easier for them to start from the 42 sizing template. I asked them for specific p2p, hem, arm lengths, etc., and they modified the pattern to fit. So I am sure this is the case for any Aero anyone gets. After some emailing back and forth, various dimensions were different, and many people would say that the size is "all over the place".

Key for me here was sleeve diameter. I have had several Aeros now, and the standard sleeve diameters are too small. I'm not gigantic, but my flexed bicep is 18", so it means I can barely slide my arm into the sleeves of the standard jackets with a medium thickness shirt on, like with the Cafe Racers, Hooch Haulers, and even the standard Bootlegger. So for this build, they put the size 44 sleeves on it for me and the fit is much better for me. I also think the slightly wider sleeves balances off the rest of the jacket as well, and traditional jackets always had roomier sleeves anyway. If you look at me wearing it in the first pic, the sleeves seem more in proportion with the body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace