Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940s-50s Adam Barbosa Straw Hat Fancy Colourful Band - Sz 7

This is a fantastic Adam hat. It's been my go-to hat for several years now, but I have too many straw hats, and two with fancy bands, so this one has to go. I thought I'd give you chaps a chance at it before I put it on eBay.

The straw is in great condition with no holes, rips or stains. The band likewise. The sweatband has some stitches missing, particularly at the front, but this doesn't affect it's wearability. A relatively rare hat, because of the fancy band. The dimensions are pretty flattering and I think probably indicate an early 50s date on it. And indeed, this 1951 ad features this hat in the bottom left corner. very much their lowest-end hat, and it's not Montecristi quality material, let me tell you (!), but it's a great serviceable hat, and really quite scarce. Note also the ventilation punches to the side of the hat. A nice touch.

1951ADAMHATSStrawBarbosaPanama.jpg

I'd like $75 for the hat. Shipping will be extra and determined by destination. PM with questions etc.

adambarbosastraw1.jpg

adambarbosastraw2.jpg

adambarbosastraw3.jpg

adambarbosastraw4.jpg

adambarbosastraw5.jpg

adambarbosastraw61.jpg

adambarbosastraw7.jpg

adambarbosastraw8.jpg

Last edited:
Whoops: Measurements -

Crown: 4.5" at centre of pinch dent, 4" at front pinch, 4" at side bents, 3.75" at rear.
Brim: nice and wide-ish at 2 5/8", underwelt/understitched (I guess it's not really a welt in straws)
Inner Sweatband Circumference (approximate): 55.5 cm. It fits my size 7 head well. This fits as a 7.
Inner Oval front-to-back: 7 5/8"
Inner Oval side-to-side: 6 1/8"

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
sigh... way too small for me, but that's a beaut.

I swear, if some surgeon ever comes up with a procedure that can safely reduce a head several sizes, I'll seriously consider it, even if insurance won't cover it.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Beauty! Were it a 7-3/8 it would be winging its way to America post-haste.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland