Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Leather jacket

Jackrinse

New in Town
Hi to all.

I have recently decided to buy a leather jacket and found myself at this forum.
I have a couple of leathers now but none of the quality I am seeing discussed here.
I have looked at the interesting threads here before but over the last few days I have probably spent about 8 hours scouring the posts for info on which jacket will suit my needs.

I have looked at Aero, Cirrus, Goodwear, Schott, Lewis etc etc.
I am drawn to Aero but to be honest it is all quite daunting.

I thought it might be a good idea to post my requirements here in the hope that a used item might be available which would allow me to ease into this.

I am tall at 196cm / 6'4.5" and I have taken the measurements of a light cotton jacket that I have.
Pit to pit is 27"
Shoulder to shoulder is 20"
Length at back is 28"
Shoulder to end of cuff is 27.5"
This jacket is a blouson style and not long by any means. It sits just below my waiste where I believe it should. It is a summer reversable from Lacoste. I have just successfully had a varsity jacket made with these measurements from House Of Billiam in the UK.
I take a 38/40 inch waiste which is steadily discreasing through change of lifestyle so 36/38 will be where I end up.
I used to buy 46 inch chest suits but now wear 44 inch chest.

I am open to any offers so please reply with anythig you may have that suits.
I was looking mainly at slimmer looking styles like the half belt 1930 styles.

I look forward to hearing from other tall members!

Cheers
Gareth

Last edited:

Foster

One of the Regulars
You may want to check the used /sale page on the Aero website, from time to time they have some longer jackets there at better prices than the new ones. It may take a few weeks or months for a long to show up, but they do turn up on there.

Jackrinse

New in Town
I have been looking on the page you mention, looks great buy nothing there for me just yet.
I called Aero yesterday.
I had expected to have a conversation about the style of jacket I wanted and the inclusions that would suit.
The lady on the phone, who was in no way unpleasant, referred me to order online.
I explained that I had hoped to get some pointers on sizing etc but again she asked me to order online.
Also the turnaround is 6 months apparently.
I decided Aero was not for me.
I called Cirrus and they were very much more helpful.
Both companies offered to send me samples but Cirrus discussed my choice and the details for some time.
Turnaround at Cirrus is 1 month.
I still hope to find a used jacket but will probably order a Cirrus Lancaster once the samples have been checked.

schitzo

Suspended
I have been looking on the page you mention, looks great buy nothing there for me just yet.
I called Aero yesterday.
I had expected to have a conversation about the style of jacket I wanted and the inclusions that would suit.
The lady on the phone, who was in no way unpleasant, referred me to order online.
I explained that I had hoped to get some pointers on sizing etc but again she asked me to order online.
Also the turnaround is 6 months apparently.
I decided Aero was not for me.
I called Cirrus and they were very much more helpful.
Both companies offered to send me samples but Cirrus discussed my choice and the details for some time.
Turnaround at Cirrus is 1 month.
I still hope to find a used jacket but will probably order a Cirrus Lancaster once the samples have been checked.

In that case you could also check out Alexander Leathers. Turn around time is faster than cirrus, and I'm farily certain they have more types of leather and more jacket styles to choose from

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld