Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB - Alpha Replica Series B-15D

Jonnyboy

New in Town
Hi guys,

I've posted this over on the VLJ forum, but thought I'd ask here too. I've been looking for a while on ebay for a second hand Alpha B-15D from the Replica series, but no luck yet. Lots from the Vintage series though, but they've been given the thumbs down on the VLJ forum. :(

I used to have a Replica Series jacket in a size 44 but it was like a tent on me - I think a size 40 would be the best fit. Does anyone have a size 40 (non modified) that they are happy to sell? I can promise it will go to a good home!

Thanks,

Jon

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hi Jon. These posts need to go into Classifieds as that room is designed to give 'you' maximum exposure of your 'advert' for either selling or buying and increases 'your chance' of a successful outcome. Hope that helps :)

Kindest Regards, Paddy.

Edward

Bartender
Back in October I bought a Replica Series B15-C from an eBay seller in the US. In the absence of a 42, I went for a 44. Certainly a much 'pouffier' fit than an A2, though I like the extra room for layering, as I wear it like a B3 (which, of course, it effective replaced, the L2 being the A2 'replacement', eventually). I certainly wouldn't go any bigger. If you're looking for a 40 you might have more luck - I'm trawling eBay for one in my size, and they only seem to show up smaller these days. Cracking jackets as well you know - sure, they won't trouble Buzz or ELC, but at a tenth of the price, there's no contest for me. I have an eye on the L2s also, but they seem even rarer. I wish Alpha would do a run of these again- I'd be willing to pay in the region of £150 for one newly manufactured to the same standard, and I think at that Alpha would make a great jacket.

BTW.... what colour was the collar on your B15D (assuming it was the same model you had before?)? Was it green, or brown? I can never seem to find a photo of a B15-D to ascertain what was correct to original spec.... Good luck in your hunt. Try seeking out a US seller by the name of 'belote' - excellent service, he might have what you want.

Jonnyboy

New in Town
Paddy - thanks for moving this to the correct section!

Edward, the collar on my size 44 was green - I think originals were green mouton (presumably dyed, and not from Martian sheep!).

It's strange, but smaller sized Alpha Replica series jackets seem harder to find than original jackets, or Buzz ones! I think Buzz (even second hand) is beyond my budget at the moment. I bought my size 44 from belote - all he has now are size 36 though, which would be too small (unless I did the 'hot water treatment' on myself)!

Cheers,

Jon

bentusian

One of the Regulars
I have a decent japanese repro B-15C mod in AF blue, size medium(38-40).
Please PM me your email details if you're interested. (It seems I can't send you a PM)

Jonnyboy

New in Town
Hi bentusian,

I'm really after a B-15D non-mod in green, so will have to pass on it, I'm afraid. Thanks anyway!

Cheers,

Jon

Jonnyboy

New in Town
Hi guys,

I've picked up an Alpha Vintage Series B-15D to tide me over until I eventually get that Buzz version!

I have to say, I quite like the Vintage Series jacket. I know it's not the most authentic, but it seems well made, and should keep me warm. My only issue is that it is a little short. The sleeves are perfect, and it fits everywhere else - it just feels about an inch too short (mainly at the back). I think it's made worse by the very tight waistband. Do these jackets generally loosen up after they've been worn a few times? I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to stretch a nylon jacket, is there? I'm sure I can live with it as it is, but it would be great to know if there is a way to give it a tad more length, or loosen the waistband a bit.

Anyway, it should do me for a while at least.

Cheers,

Jon

Edward

Bartender
By any chance do you wear low-rise trousers / jeans? The waist was quite high on the originals of these (they did tend to be worn over a one-piece flight suit), could be modern trousers are the problem?

I'd be interested to see photos of your B15D Vintage series. I'd be tempted by one of these if it was as good quality-wise as the Replica Series and came in at the right price.

Jonnyboy

New in Town
Edward, I've been wearing it with Levis LVC 501s - the waistband of the jacket sits roughly where my belt is. I went out for a walk with my kids this morning, and it didn't ride up as much as I thought it would, so hopefully it will be OK.

Here are a few photos of the jacket. It's a slightly brighter green in the flesh - the colours in the photos are a bit washed out. I bought a size medium (I think that's all they have left), and I guess it equates roughly to a size 40.

It seems well made - there were quite a few loose ends of thread, which I've trimmed off, but I guess most items of clothing have those when they're new. I also removed the Alpha tag on the sleeve pocket - easy to do, and looks so much better without it.

I know the level of authenticity is pretty low, but I think it's a decent jacket for the money. I'm intending to wear the hell out of it and see how it holds up - it'll be interesting to see how long it lasts before falling apart!

I bought it online from this place:

http://www.armynavysales.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=3017

Anyway, here are the pics:

Front.jpg

Collar.jpg

Open.jpg

Stencil.jpg

Main-zip.jpg

Back.jpg

Cheers,

Jon

Edward

Bartender
Good looking jacket, Jon; to be honest, I'd be hard pushed to tell the difference between that and the Replica series model. I checked out the link you gave, though alas they only seem to have the medium left. I must keep hunting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth