Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Widebrim's Neckties

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I am offering for sale on this thread a variety of neckties from my collection, c.late-'30s to c.early-60s, with an emphasis on the Bold Look and Mr. T periods. US personal checks, bank cheques, and cash (if you live in the L.A. area and want to purchase in person) are accepted. I will always strive to provide the lowest shipping prices. Thanks!

Here are the first to be offered. The one on the left is from Haband, a company which in its day offered some nifty ties. It is a little over 3" wide, acetate, c.mid-'50s. It has a gray background, with a royal blue/navy blue geometric motif. ($10) Second was sold by Baltimore Novelties, c.early-50s; just under 4" wide, feels like rayon. It has a "ginger ale" background, with orange/white flowers, brown and white stems. A slight rub mark is visible in the last photo; above that is a very slight pinhole. ($8)

Photo8-3.jpg
Photo7-3.jpg

Photo9-4.jpg
Photo10-2.jpg

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, here are three more, all Bold Look period (late-'40s/early-'50s).

On the left, we have a Signet, all silk (very sheer and light), originally from Donaldson's Mens Shop in Minneapolis. It has a maroon background, with beige and gray links.

In the middle is a Beau Brummell (with the Brummell in top hat logo label, on back of front blade), silk. Left side of tie is gray, right is close to emerald green, with red and white motif.

On the right is an unmarked tie, with brocaded background (you can barely see some of it to the upper left of the pyramid), and some great maroon, yellow, and blue geometric shapes; feels like acetate.

All are about 4" wide, and are $10 each.

Photo29.jpg

Photo31.jpg

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Two more up for consideration: a "Pac Man" design, and a study in geometric design.

Photo31-3.jpg
Photo32-2.jpg

Pac Man design is about 4 1/2" wide, 50" long, feels like acetate, lined, c.late-'40s. Label says The Dandee Tie, Resil. Const., Hand Finish. Very good condition. ($10)

Geometric tie is about 3" wide, 53" long, c.early-50s, feels like rayon/acetate, no lining. Manufacturer is Continental (Imported), other label states "Exclusive Styles, Pelletier's, Topeka. The colors in the tie are black, gray, beige, and a yellowish cream. Very good condition. ($8)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Here's the next batch.

On the left, a Normandy Hand Tailored tie, red with a hand-painted sailboat motif; feels like acetate, 3 1/2" wide, c.early-'50s. ($6) On the right is a dark brown example, blue swoops with intricately-hand-painted leafs; 3" wide, c.mid-'50s, no labels, feels like rayon/acetate. ($8)
Photo33-3.jpg
Photo32-4.jpg

Next, on the left, is a beautiful Beau Brummell, rayon, maroon with brocade circle design, and gray/white/gray motif, about 4 1/2" wide. Made by Barrington, Made Expressly For The Home Store, Dayton. ($10) The tie on the left is maroon with a white/gray/yellow "scroll" motif; 4" wide, no labels, feels like rayon/acetate. ($10)
Photo30.jpg
Photo31-4.jpg

Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Here's a batch of three more.

Photo54.jpg
Photo55.jpg

On the left is a great molecule-type design, navy and almost royal blue, c.early-'50s, no maker's label, but originally sold by Rike's Store For Men, Dayton; 4" wide, very smooth, feels like rayon. ($10)

In the middle we've got a plethora of squares, with a deep chocolate-brown background and almost salmon-color contrast; c.early-'50s, no labels, 4" wide, feels like acetate. ($10)

On the right is a fantastic floating cubes and diamonds motif tie, with a beautiful maroon and navy blue color combination, and a brocade background, 4" wide; late-'40s/early-'50s, feels like smooth rayon, from Fashion Craft Cravats (Resilient Construction), sold by The Bon Marche', Seattle. ($10)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Two hand-painted and one semi-hand-painted for your viewing.

Photo58-2.jpg
Photo59-1.jpg

On the left is a multi-purple-hued tie from Windsor of California, 4 3/4" wide(!), from the Bold Look period; feels like acetate or rayon/acetate. ($10)

In the middle we have brown swirls on a yellow background, 4" wide, Bold Look period; inside of front blade is a graphic of an artist's palette within which it reads, "an original michele HAND CRAFTED in California." Below this it states, "Pure Silk." ($10)

On the right is a unique graphic printed tie, with what appears to be hand-painted accents; 4" wide, Bold Look period, feels like rayon/acetate. On the back of the front blade is printed, "AUTHENTIC CATHEDRAL WINDOW." ($10)

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
The Last Ties For Now...All Embroidered

Because I don't want this thread to get too long, and thus cumbersome to sift through, I'll post these last ties and then later start a new classified thread in the new future. Here we go...

Photo60-4.jpg
Photo59-4.jpg

On the right is a 4" wide, 51" long, unlined "comets" tie; motif is silver and green, sole label simply says "California." Design is, of course, embroidered. ($6) On the right is a beautiful (what appears to be) '30s/early-'40s tie, 3 1/2" wide, 48" long, unlined, no label; background is a deep, midnight blue, "fireworks" design is embroidered. There appears to be a tiny imperfection in the fabric on the lower right of front blade, but is not readily apparent at all. ($5)

Photo61-2.jpg
Photo62-2.jpg

On the right is a cube design (motif is actually green and golden-brown), embroidered, 4" wide, 51" long, lined. ($6) In the middle is a "swirls" embroidered design (motif is gray and dark red), 4" wide, 51" long, lined. ($6) On the left is a great leaf design (blue and red, embroidered), 4" wide, 51" long, unlined. ($6)

If all five ties are purchases by the same Lounger, total will be discounted to $25 (plus s/h).

Last edited:

Fly Boy

One of the Regulars
Okay, here are three more, all Bold Look period (late-'40s/early-'50s).

On the left, we have a Signet, all silk (very sheer and light), originally from Donaldson's Mens Shop in Minneapolis. It has a maroon background, with beige and gray links.

In the middle is a Beau Brummell (with the Brummell in top hat logo label, on back of front blade), silk. Left side of tie is gray, right is close to emerald green, with red and white motif.

On the right is an unmarked tie, with brocaded background (you can barely see some of it to the upper left of the pyramid), and some great maroon, yellow, and blue geometric shapes; feels like acetate.

All are about 4" wide, and are $10 each.

Photo29.jpg

Photo31.jpg

Is the geometric one in the middle of the top image still up for grabs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az