Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Why are some AERO A-2 models different prices even though the same hide is used??

JLStorm

Practically Family
I may be ordering another custom Aero A2 in the near future. I could care less about historical accuracy and I will be changing the collar size and shape, the zipper, the and likely the knits to suit me as normal through Amanda and Will.

A question Ive had that Amanda hasnt yet had the time to answer (time zone difference is killer) is that I see several different types of A2 jackets some using the identical hide but having pricing. I figured this was probably due to more complex patterns, but I wasnt sure if there was some quality difference or limited edition, etc?

Also, any idea why the CBI is so much cheaper than most other A2's, is it that it steerhide, or something else?

Thanks.

JanSolo

Practically Family
The most complicated A2 of Aero's product range is the 38-1711 P. It features a collar stand, sewn-in throat hook, an elaborate zipper layout, and a left hand zipper leather facing. For an A2 it is a complex jacket to make. It's also the closest fitting A2 Aero is offering.

Here's Gancho's lovely jacket:

5765390940_8e1325758e_z.jpg

5764849723_638348108a_z.jpg

5779631391_9e60b9f44f_z.jpg

The main difference in price between various contracts is caused by choice of hide (real deal hh vs. smooth/jerky hh vs. cowhide on CBI) or by how complicated a jacket is to make.

Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe