Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find online information on USS Quail?

Naphtali

Practically Family
Where would I find information, preferably online, on minesweeper, USS Quail, and its crew? The ship was scuttled on May 5, 1942, near Corregidor, Philippines.

I am interested in any crew members who survived to describe their experiences -- informally, or via US Navy debriefings, or in commercially published works.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just use "USS Quail" as search words. I got a lot of hits that will take time to look through. I found Wikipedia short history, a picture or her, and a crew roster.

Naphtali

Practically Family
the_librarian said:
Here's a few: (wikipedia is the best place to start)
I located John Morrill's South From Corregidor.
I am a nearly retired manuscript editor-book designer. I avoid Wikipedia -- GIGO, occasionally disinformation also. Please, let's not get into a "thing" about this. Many people rely on Wikipedia. In my business, I choose not to.

imported_the_librarian

One of the Regulars
Naphtali said:
I located John Morrill's South From Corregidor.
Please, let's not get into a "thing" about this. Many people rely on Wikipedia. In my business, I choose not to.

???????????

Huh?

I simply pointed out that the wikipedia, regardless of opinion, is a good place to start because of the links that it can point to. I certainly respect your opinion and honestly am somewhat confused by this. No thing intended, I'm on the board only to exchange ideas and information.

Isn't that the point?

Sincerely,

Tony

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe