Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's Up With This Hat?

epr25

Practically Family
Hi there. I am a member. I am also educated with vintage clothing and fedoras. My husband has many. This weekend I put this hat up for auction and I have a ton of watchers already. The brand is Schiaparelli and it is a larger size. I did not list it in the vintage section. I wasn't sure if it was. Any ideas. But why is this generating so much response?

hat3-1.jpg
[/IMG]

hat2-1.jpg
[/IMG]

hat1-1.jpg
[/IMG]

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
I have had lots of people watch an auction and receive one bidder. :rolleyes:

Yep. That happened to me recently with some really nice, rare, expensive and barely worn items that I sold. They had about 20 people watching them, and 2 or so bids. Very disappointing. It seems more pronounced since Ebay announced their recent fee changes, even before the boycott went into effect.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Doran said:
I thought it was OK if it is a Lounger? Maybe I'm wrong. What are the rules again?

"The classified forum is for individual private members to sell personal items they no longer wish to own." This includes live Ebay auctions, as long as the member is private (as opposed to a vendor).

Besides, there's not even a link to an Ebay auction here :)

Feraud

Bartender
KittyT said:
Yep. That happened to me recently with some really nice, rare, expensive and barely worn items that I sold. They had about 20 people watching them, and 2 or so bids. Very disappointing. It seems more pronounced since Ebay announced their recent fee changes, even before the boycott went into effect.
It makes you feel like you are wasting your time when that happens. If I did not absolutely have to make some room I would not bother with the auction..

surely

A-List Customer
This seems like an example of evolving democratic self-regulation within a dispersed organization, albeit one with a central power core.

epr25

Practically Family
Thanks for all the feedback. I wasn't trying to promote my auction. I was just assuming all the guys here would have the most knowledge about why this hat was getting so much action. I have had many a better hat in the past that did not get this much attention. I was thinking it has something to do with the name brand?

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Schiaparelli is a highly recognizable - and desirable - name in evening gowns of the '30s. Likely it's the brand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007