Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Right now, I'm watching the latest episode of Suits, still trying to make up my mind how I feel about the series overall.

I'm really liking that show. I guess I'm diggin' the vibe of it more than anything. There is fun chemistry and banter over the entire cast. Plus the paralegal is consistently in high waisted skirts, and I also like the suits Specktor wears (though the character's name is a bit lame). They have 20s elements to them I find fun.

Once they got the BFF and the drug stuff out of the way the show got fun. They are trying really, really hard to give Spector more of a conscience than I believe he has, though.

LD

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm watching Leverage for the first time and what do you know: They're flashing back to WWII, and doing so quite well. Danny Glover is guest starring.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
The Killing - got the boxset of the original Danish series. Everyone has been raving about this and so far it's very good - the US version is currently showing on Channel 4 so each time it's on I make sure to quickly change the channel so nothing is given away!

W-D Forties

Practically Family
Anyone else still sticking with The Hour on BBC2? I feel I've come this far I may as well see it through!

I have to be honest, I haven't been very impressed.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
Anyone else still sticking with The Hour on BBC2? I feel I've come this far I may as well see it through!

I have to be honest, I haven't been very impressed.

I've dipped in and out of it but it hasn't impressed me either - the storyline isn't that compelling and like many others I don't find the costumes authentic.

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I think the worst thing is, it's actually quite boring. The characters are unconvincing, especially the main two, or irritating (the main two again). I find myself watching it just to pull it apart. Anna Chancellor is ace though, as always.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I had just finished watching a 1966 episode of The Saint, starring Roger Moore (my second favorite James Bond actor). The episode was the one about the Loch Ness Monster (I forgot the title), and unfortunately, the version I saw was actually with the Polish dub done over the regular English voices, so that was annoying and I almost stopped watching it. From what I was able to get out of the plot itself was enough to keep me interested though.

Here's the theme song to it!

[video=youtube;0n6hyLBaJwY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n6hyLBaJwY&list=FLJJhFwj0pC6I&index=13[/video]

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I think the worst thing is, it's actually quite boring. The characters are unconvincing, especially the main two, or irritating (the main two again). I find myself watching it just to pull it apart. Anna Chancellor is ace though, as always.

I watched it again last night in a bid to get into it but I just couldn't - it is quite boring - and also the show looks like it was done on the cheap - particularly exterior scenes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken