Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

cm289

One of the Regulars
Alone. Reality show on History Channel where survivalists try to survive on Vancouver Island for 40 days. Last man standing wins $500k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Thanks 2Jakes! It is amazing how fast it all transpired, I had know idea, she was executed so fast.

I haven’t seen it yet.
I posted the links so that Babydoll would have a chance to watch it.

But now you got me curious & will probably check it out. .

Also I will try to have an “open mind”...
& not think of Sir Charles Laughton while watching it ! :D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Dancing on the Edge" - Mini-series from the Starz Network about an all Black Swing/Jazz band in Britain between the wars. Interesting but I see the train wreck a coming and find it hard to watch. Well acted thus far and stars one of my favorite actors Chiwetel Ejiofor who was outstanding in "Serenity" and "Children of Men". Worth a look.

Worf

Watched the final two episodes of "Generation War." Fantastic three part German series that follows five young friends whose lives and world views are blasted in all directions by WWII. It is a balance view of WWII that doesn't hold any punches. The acting was strong; the period set, clothing, cars, etc. are absolutely gorgeous and the cinematography was beautiful and even stunning at times. And the story is strong right away, but grows to an intense final episode.

I believe Worf turned me on to this (thank you) and would recommend it anyone, period, and, especially, to any one (calling AmateisGal) with a WWII interest.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Watched the final two episodes of "Generation War." Fantastic three part German series that follows five young friends whose lives and world views are blasted in all directions by WWII. It is a balance view of WWII that doesn't hold any punches. The acting was strong; the period set, clothing, cars, etc. are absolutely gorgeous and the cinematography was beautiful and even stunning at times. And the story is strong right away, but grows to an intense final episode.

I believe Worf turned me on to this (thank you) and would recommend it anyone, period, and, especially, to any one (calling AmateisGal) with a WWII interest.

I read about this series when it came out in Germany. Is it on Netflix?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
"Dancing on the Edge" - Mini-series from the Starz Network about an all Black Swing/Jazz band in Britain between the wars. Interesting but I see the train wreck a coming and find it hard to watch. Well acted thus far and stars one of my favorite actors Chiwetel Ejiofor who was outstanding in "Serenity" and "Children of Men". Worth a look.

Worf
Yeah, I watched it when it premiered last year and found it less than inspired. Of course, Ejiofor (*) is always a pleasure to watch, as is Matthew Goode, and I really liked a couple of the women characters... But the music was such mediocre bogus-Ellington, it was difficult watching everyone pretending it was so outstanding. And as good as the period stylization was, the dialog and attitudes were far too contemporary.

Anyway, I kinda liked it - particularly when it focused on the upper-crust's fascination with the lowdown jazz, an inherently interesting contradiction - but I thought it missed overall.

(* Playing Baron Mordo in the upcoming Doctor Strange film. With Benedict Cumberbatch - Best. Possible. Doctor. Strange. Actor. Ever! - and... Tilda Swinton as the Ancient One. The most crazy cast in a Marvel Studios film yet?!?)

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I haven’t seen it yet.
I posted the links so that Babydoll would have a chance to watch it.

But now you got me curious & will probably check it out. .

Also I will try to have an “open mind”...
& not think of Sir Charles Laughton while watching it ! :D
:D

Edward

Bartender
The third series of Ripper Street has finally reached BBC broadcast. Humans, a Channel 4 series based on a Scandanavian original scifi series. Very good; deals well with the obvious question of sentience in a world where synthetic humans have arrived and do lots of menial jobs, including being domestic servants, handled in a way that has strong parallels to the current political climate in the UK. I've also been watching a lot of older Doctor Who, currently being repeated on the Horro Channel in the UK. Cracking stuff, even if it does make me sad for what has happened to the standard of the writing on the rebooted show, under Steven Moffat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deuter