Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What should I buy?

newuser

New in Town
Hi Everyone,
Long time reader, new to posting on here. I'm wondering if I could ask the collective wisdom of everyone on here. I'm hoping to buy a Schott 530 but I'm unsure whether I can get away with a small or whether I'd need to order a medium. I'd like the jacket to be fitted but (naturally) I don't want to swim in it.
I'm 5'10 and 173lbs and 40inch chest.
What would you all think?

Kevin O'Sullivan

One of the Regulars
Hi Everyone,
Long time reader, new to posting on here. I'm wondering if I could ask the collective wisdom of everyone on here. I'm hoping to buy a Schott 530 but I'm unsure whether I can get away with a small or whether I'd need to order a medium. I'd like the jacket to be fitted but (naturally) I don't want to swim in it.
I'm 5'10 and 173lbs and 40inch chest.
What would you all think?
You're kind of screwed at that measurement. Depending on your version of "fitted", maybe the Medium will work. The small will assuredly be too tight.

Search my post history and you can see what a Schott looks like on someone with the same height and chest specs as you, but minus 5lb.

It's reasonably fitted but truth be told I don't think Schott makes a really great tight jacket. Aero premier highwayman, Thedi would be other routes I'd recommend. Schotts always feel boxy to me.

Too much room from chest to waist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mads