Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
This Comipel HH is what is listed as unfinished HH at Aero. It has always existed in parallel with Vicenza.
Yes, I saw that option and do recall that Canuck Panda commissioned/received a jacket in that hide. I think he posted an image of the back along with a few others. Thanks for your input.

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
What Mr Proper said. It is just their unfinished / raw horsehide, Comipel Italy is the tannery name.
As I replied to Mr. Proper - same here. Really nice hide although I'd be petrified to wear something so capable of picking up anything just by wearing it. The pale green slacks/trousers/pants/(shorts??) do look festive and complement the tone of the jacket.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
As I replied to Mr. Proper - same here. Really nice hide although I'd be petrified to wear something so capable of picking up anything just by wearing it. The pale green slacks/trousers/pants/(shorts??) do look festive and complement the tone of the jacket.
The lighter shade does pick up a lot of dirt and marks very easily, even the copper buttons leave dark marks on the jacket. However, things do settle down with time. I find this shade of leather works really well with olive pants too.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
1952 Monarch Steerhide motorcycle jacket. Purchased from a member from the great state of Missouri. He Purchased this jacket at a gas station in Sturgis South Dakota from the original owner who bought it in 1952. The only jacket I have from my birth year.

Check out the video on my YouTube channel

VideoCapture_20240909-145557.jpg
VideoCapture_20240909-145620.jpg
VideoCapture_20240909-145657.jpg
VideoCapture_20240909-145635.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Terry, that jacket looks fantastic on you!! I mean, wow! Im glad it found its way to you!
It is a Special Jacket for me. The history always add to the character of a Jacket, gives a place in time. I do have a Sears bought in 1951, but this is the only jacket that has a reference to my birth year, 1952.

It is rare to get a story with the jacket.. I don't ask much anymore. I'd be curious if some one got it at a thrift store for $20. That too, is a great story.

Thanks for being the last leg of the Journey for this Monarch. I say that because the fit and features are so correct for me. Hard to find or replace at any cost.

TelemarkTumalo

One of the Regulars

Al 916

One Too Many
Old school bathroom photos with the Vanson C2 firmly secured, fits nice and feels like it’s going to be easy to wear . Time will tell if this one knocks my Schott 118 off the pedestal I placed it on., but my initial thought is that this one wears better unzipped.

And yes, that is indeed a pair of shorts. Haha
View attachment 638825 View attachment 638826
Looking trim and fit, jacket looks perfect

photo2u

Call Me a Cab

You quickly pick up that Sportster. I have been trying to get one in my size since the 2000. Jmax sold one in pristine condition at a screaming deal, but lost focus on the sale and someone beat me to it. I still have my first one, I got in 1979 when I was a young hard worker, I wore it for more than 30 years. As a CR jacket, it wears more like a racing shirt. Light and fitted. Personally, One of my favorite riding jackets.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1