Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

RickP

Practically Family

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I own The Fabled Indiana Jones Fedora. I also own a Stetson felt Fedora/Cowboy hat, a straw cowboy hat, and around 30 baseball-type hats. I pick up a hat on vacations, such as at Mount Rushmore or even Niagara Falls (Canada). But I wear my Submarine Veteran's hat nearly every day.
Very nice. I like it! Welcome to the lounge!

Granville

One of the Regulars
Is Straw Season over yet?
Larry Mahan makes cowboy hats, but with the brim down I feel like I'm in an M. Somerset Maugham short story. Where's Sadie?
Mahan Smile threequarters.jpg

made from Royal Shantung, whatever that is, feels like paper. Tight diamond weave and effective vents. Light-weight but with a real leather sweat. A quality lid all around.

MahanTilt.jpg

Denton

A-List Customer
Hey Vic, i’m gonna make a response to your posts that i’ve felt for a long time and is long overdue.
I love your simple 1 pic posts.
They always leave me wanting more but as they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Naturally that depends on what’s in the pic. Repetitious picturing does not make for more content.
In your case every hat speaks for itself. No need to pontificate and diminish the hat. As they also say, if you know, you know!

Was having a backroom discussion about this and your posts are simple and elegant.
This post equates to my simple “like”.
Thanks man, for keeping it real.
B
I agree wholeheartedly. Vic has beautiful hats and he takes great pictures. Altogether he is one of my favorite institutions on this website. Thanks for saying it, AbbaDatDeHat.

Gareth

Familiar Face
Well I got another new hat, this time from Peter Christian a menswear company online here in the UK, very good value for money at only £95 which is about US$ 125 dollars, fur felt, presumably rabbit. Not an easy price to beat. Now to get some steam on to define those pinches a little
View attachment 639212 View attachment 639242 View attachment 639243

So anyway I put some steam and some pinches in, and overall I can't believe I got this hat for £95 brand new,
1726220396842.jpeg

lisarobbert

New in Town
View attachment 136111 View attachment 136113 View attachment 136114 View attachment 136115 View attachment 136116 Greetings All:
Well....today i was planning on pulling out one of my most special, Stetson did it friggin alright, wear only for something special hat, just to brighten up my day.
I was brushing it and noticed a thingy place, then a kinda unrecognized area and immediately went into “Panic Thought Mode”. Oh, who been messin with my hats?? Dog, hit the road!!! You know just regular hat panic.
Alas, i turn it over and what?? Oh yeah, it’s the little brother!!
Hippo digs the Hollywood thing!
I also answered my own question.
Yes, Stetson did make an Open Road 3X Last Drop. Duhh
Be well. Bowen
the stuff looks really good.

Crown Royal

One of the Regulars
So I saw this hat on ebay for $66 and had to have it, only thing is its$90 for postage, oh well, in for a penny in for a pound, At US 7-3/4 its gonna be tight on me as I am a UK 7-3/4 which is a size up, but I will make it fit or die tryin'

View attachment 639422
I am definitely guilty of doing the same thing ... after all, the heart wants what it wants. Hope you make this one work for you. Looking forward to seeing pics once it arrives.

RickP

Practically Family
Happy Friday the Thirteenth to all! Looks like the rain is gone ( for a couple days at least) and it should be a sunny day after the fog burns off.

Reasonably cool this morning so I thought the slate grey Stetson/ Miller Imperial Ultimate out would be good today. Matches one of the Paradise Found shirts nicely. This hats come a long way from when it first got here

Compress_20240913_072103_3559.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

TimmyV

One of the Regulars
Happy Friday the Thirteenth to all! Looks like the rain is gone ( for a couple days at least) and it should be a sunny day after the fog burns off.

Reasonably cool this morning so I thought the slate grey Stetson/ Miller Imperial Ultimate out would be good today. Matches one of the Paradise Found shirts nicely. This hats come a long way from when it first got here

View attachment 639436

View attachment 639437
Amazing transformation !!

VoodooSan

One Too Many
The day has come to end the summer.
View attachment 639428
About ten degrees cooler, rain and cold wind from the mountains where it snows.
Small walk in the center with a recent made Borsalino in green.
View attachment 639429
Thanks to everyone who appreciated my panama.
It was the last one of the season. Let's now start the felt one with serenity
Now THAT is the way to celebrate returning to felt!!

VoodooSan

One Too Many

View attachment 639436

View attachment 639437
You did an AMAAAAAAAAAZING job on that one, Rick!! Stunning result!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1