Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

OR
IMG_6439.jpeg

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Terry!

But you don’t have a FED IV? That’s surprising with your fantastic and very thorough collection. Over on the Akubra Overload thread, we are waiting impatiently for the Hattery to make some announcement about the Federation. Maybe a F
I sure hope your back is less argumentative these days!
The Fed IV is one hat I don't have. It's on my bucket list, thoug

VoodooSan

One Too Many
One final nice cool morning and nice weather today. (58 degrees this morning shooting up into mid 85 or so today) Tropical depression in Gulf is expected to become a Tropical Storm today and a Hurricane by tuesday night... and its heading this way! Crossing the fingers it will stay on path and pass just a little east of here, but it will be close enough for us to get some nasty rain and wind tuesday and wednesday. Going to be warm and wet for a few days... Generators all ready, chainsaw is ready, and Im all stocked up on Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum and cigars. Well call it a hurricane party and not worry about it.

So sticking with the tropical theme, how about a nice Paradise Found Star Orchid and an Open Road. Once the weather turns, Ill plan on trotting out the Akubras for a couple days

View attachment 638541
Very nice combo, Rick! Hope the worst of the weather passes you by.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Thank you kindly, Terry. I’ll never look as young as you, though, my friend!

About 15 yrs back I popped a couple of discs in my lower back. 4 spinal Surgeons told me they could help me. The most highly credentialed of the lot told me that if PT was helping “even a tiny bit” he recommended continuing that route. He also told me what to watch out for so to avoid further trouble, so I did that and made steady progress. Then I found this small book. I’ve turned enough people onto this info that I should get a commission, but I’m happy to help.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/treat...YAyABEgI2HfD_BwE#idiq=4678893&edition=2297617

PM me with any questions!
I do have some questions for you before I consider having back surgery. I'll pm you tomorrow. Thank you, Charlie.

The Shoe

Call Me a Cab

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Wow, you just made this hat even more intriguing to me. Now, I want to learn more about jump wings and the entire jump school experience. Thank you for sharing your knowledge, Nathan.

I have managed to fall out a few aircraft while in flight o_O

BTW this topic led me to search for miniature jump wings etal. I do have a pin for my British Wings, but only full size qualification badges for my US Wings...

I’m a big fan of the TV show ‘Cheers’ and in one episode only (that I know of) Cliff Clavin appears to be wearing jump wings on his postal uniform. (I’m watching that episode now, which is why I noticed it.) I found no explanation for it on the web.

S02 Ep20
IMG_3874.jpeg

RBH

Bartender
Thank you kindly, Terry. I’ll never look as young as you, though, my friend!

About 15 yrs back I popped a couple of discs in my lower back. 4 spinal Surgeons told me they could help me. The most highly credentialed of the lot told me that if PT was helping “even a tiny bit” he recommended continuing that route. He also told me what to watch out for so to avoid further trouble, so I did that and made steady progress. Then I found this small book. I’ve turned enough people onto this info that I should get a commission, but I’m happy to help.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/treat...YAyABEgI2HfD_BwE#idiq=4678893&edition=2297617

PM me with any questions!

Thank you for the 'prescription' Dr. hatsRme !!
I just placed my order!!

Crown Royal

One of the Regulars
I’m a big fan of the TV show ‘Cheers’ and in one episode only (that I know of) Cliff Clavin appears to be wearing jump wings on his postal uniform. (I’m watching that episode now, which is why I noticed it.) I found no explanation for it on the web.

S02 Ep20
View attachment 638754
I'm also a huge fan of Cheers. I never noticed the jump wings worn by Cliff. Actor John Ratzenberger is a staunch Republican so I could imagine this as his way of supporting the troops while on the set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1