Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
With all the cigar smoke filled establishments of the past, it is a wonder this one does not have that historic odor. Sure looks nice now. Penn Craft as in made in USA, any relationship to J.C. Penny Marathon?
Thanks Mike!
I'm quite happy for the lack of that particular part of history.
Penn-Craft was a subdivision of Stetson. There is only a small amount of info to be found on the Lounge or elsewhere about them. Apparently they were a lower price line of hats, but judging from the two I have, still good quality. They adverised from 1934 to 1941, but due to a court battle over the Penn-Craft name (I believe a community of Quaker craftsmen were also using the name) they didn't have the rights to the name until '41. Then they just disappeared. If I had to venture a guess as to why they disappeared I'd say Stetson may have repurposed the facility to the war effort and then didn't revive the brand after. But that's just a guess.

Thanks Mike!
I'm quite happy for the lack of that particular part of history.
Penn-Craft was a subdivision of Stetson. There is only a small amount of info to be found on the Lounge or elsewhere about them. Apparently they were a lower price line of hats, but judging from the two I have, still good quality. They adverised from 1934 to 1941, but due to a court battle over the Penn-Craft name (I believe a community of Quaker craftsmen were also using the name) they didn't have the rights to the name until '41. Then they just disappeared. If I had to venture a guess as to why they disappeared I'd say Stetson may have repurposed the facility to the war effort and then didn't revive the brand after. But that's just a guess.
Thanks John, I've been looking at an English License Penn Craft, kind of a stingy brim, but velour. Stefan trade happening.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stetson 4X Open Road (c.2000).

cc66680e2c70f50f2cc0dd154cb8d7cd.jpg

cdd547bc3b70e4405af9723434b8a57e.jpg
Good looking Open Road! The surroundings look very nice!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
The Kilgore is right at home. Has he been broken down to the enlisted ranks, or is this one new?

Think of it this way, this weather is making you trot out your collection of great caps. Its all good...

With all the cigar smoke filled establishments of the past, it is a wonder this one does not have that historic odor. Sure looks nice now. Penn Craft as in made in USA, any relationship to J.C. Penny Marathon?

Pace your self Bob, you could end up with heat stroke. Love the Whippet.
New one Mike !! Shorter brim and crown, centerdent bash.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Richard Morgan

One Too Many

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 100728 So with less than an inch of snow and no ice our school district has decided to give us the day off. I think Jimmy Buffet is our Superintendent
Thinking today is a perfect day to re-educate my Campdraft as to who is the boss. I may have lost the first round in the crease wars but today is a new day and I'm bringing out the heavy guns, gallons of distilled water and a heavy duty sprayer She doesn't stand a chance!
Here is what I'm shooting for:
LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe