Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Java - Nice pair of hats. Looking great. And +1 on the Saturdays.

gdurand - Gorgeous hat.

VMT - That looks like a great Saturday night. Sharp straw.

tommyK

One Too Many
The Everything Australian website still says size 60 (and 61 and 64) won't be available until May.

Just a suggestion--keep an eye on their website. Their last batch of size 60 Bluegrass Green Campdrafts arrived early, and sold out again in two or three days. Of course, you can always order one now and they'll ship it as soon as they receive their restock.

Sound advice, I think I'll take it. I hemmed and hawed on the Glen Grey color Hatsdirect had and now regret it. May have to get the Deluxe Moonstone.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good Sunday morning. My vtg. Borsalino Alessandria (green felt), the dogs and I have been out and about in our overcast 45'F morning.

i-rfkRjT9-M.jpg

Best to all, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Vmtrevino2; Thanks for the comments. Cool weather abounds in my neck of the world. We will have some below freezing evenings this coming week. I do enjoy our climate. I think of your warmer climes and reelect how I enjoy my wool shirt and warm cup of coffee on the deck. I enjoy seeing and reading the posts from you and the other forum members who reside in the warmth. It reminds me how vast and diverse the forum membership is.

You are styl'n the Spring jacket and fedora sir.

Eric -

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Happy Sunday everyone!

Just got back from a nice walk on the Trinity Trails, stopping at Starbucks for coffee on the way back.

Akubra Tablelands (these are great outdoor activity hats) this morning

smugshot_3873467-L.jpg

javadave61

Practically Family
Working on a paper that's due soon. But... well, the computer screen tells the story.

Sparing my children from dreaded hat hair with my Royal Deluxe Stetson with Stratoliner Specs (but no label).

2015-04-19 13.41.50-2.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Say it ain't so, David!! No Dunky near you? I smell a business opportunity. Sew up the state!!

Sad but true, Charlie!

Great spot to stop for a coffee - but the closest (and only in FTW) Dunks is miles away. There are some local coffee places, but Starbucks has the prime location.

smugshot_5848550-L.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
Nice. I envy your weather. I hate having to put away the felts

I'll be in Houston next week and I'm going with felt. :confused:

The humidity and heat might get to me, but I'm afraid of what a thundershower might do to one of my straws. If it gets above 90 I may regret it, but I'll just take the liner out for some relief.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Having an issue downloading pictures from the 3rd party image source. I'll try it from my computer....

Western Fedora 01.jpg

West Fed 01.jpg

West Fed 02.jpg

West Fed 03.jpg

Hope this works.

This is a Western Fedora that I re-worked. I'm getting ready to sew on a 3 ply thin ribbon with a campaign style bow. I may sell this one or trade it off. I wanted to keep it but it's too large for me. The tag said 7 1/4 but it seems a little larger than that to me. The hat maker is unknown. Probably a store brand. It's fur felt, possibly '70s - '80s vintage. The tall crown, as creased, is 5 inches overall. It sports a Center Dent, 4 3/4 at the pinch to 4 1/4 at the back. The brim is 3 inches wide.

Last edited:

vmtrevino2

A-List Customer
I'll be in Houston next week and I'm going with felt. :confused:

The humidity and heat might get to me, but I'm afraid of what a thundershower might do to one of my straws. If it gets above 90 I may regret it, but I'll just take the liner out for some relief.
I wear felt at night sometimes. I also find my Silverbelly strat is comfortable in the sun

g.durand

One Too Many
Good to know. As a matter of fact, I'm taking a silverbelly Open Road. I see temperatures projected to be in the 60s to low 70s at night so I should be OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
An inside pic this afternoon. I am inside picking getting as sundries that I need at the outside grill. I am preparing slow roasted beef for dinner guests later this evening. My vtg. Champ Featherweight is my grilling assistant.

i-gn6wq74-M.jpg

Hmmm, smells good, Eric -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe