Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Well, whaddaya know, I won the dang thing...

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
Since it showed up, I had been coveting the blue-gray Playboy that surfaced at the St. Jo Stetson auction. And though it's a good bit more than I've paid for any previous hat, it's now mine!:clap
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8256076971&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

The seller says it has "1935" stamped on it. I wasn't aware Stetson made them in the mid-30s. Anybody else got a '30s Playboy?

Also, I can't tell anything about the hat box, but if it is indeed original, it may be quite a find, too.

Full pix will follow arrival.

D. Hats

One of the Regulars
Awesome addition

Snrbfshn,
That Playboy is one good lookin' hat. I'm glad you were the winner.
Hope it's as clean as it looked on the computer screen !!

D. Hats

One of the Regulars
wishful thinking...

Maybe the price didn't go too high because you let everyone on The Fedora Lounge know that you had an eye for it..... just maybe there's a little bit of a Fedora Lounge Brotherhood out there... ????

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Congrats --

I, too, saw that auction and thought the hat was gorgeous. But, it was a size 7 1/4, a bit too big for me. And, I thought, hope someone from the Fedora Lounge nabs that beauty.

Good for you!

karol

indyguy

New in Town
cool

I was looking at that hat but I went for the disney fedora that was on ther a few days ago then I found a mint never worn grey royal stetson deluxe for 38.00,I'm glad to see that you got it though.

I think it will make you look very much like Burt Lancaster in 1949;) :
1949StetsonBurtlancaster1.jpg

That was indeed a good find. :cheers1:

Regards to all,

J

J.B.

Practically Family
Wow -- nice score!

Congrats from a nu-bee! :cool2:

Fantastic hat and incredible box, to boot! :) I'm looking forward to the pics.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
I like that hat! As a fellow 7.25, congrats on removing temptation from me! (Actually I wasn't watching, but I'd have been tempted if I'd found it.)

BTW - I paid nearly that much for the last Whippet I bought, and I've never regretted it. Still a wonderful buy at the price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe