Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weekend Rituals

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Ok...So as I was making my cuppa this morning, and a hot water bottle for my shoulder, I was thinking (I know...thinking on Sat, I told you I couldn't relax!) about the fact that I really want to get into some routine for things...You know those folks that always read the sunday paper with coffee on the terrace...etc.?

So, who better then to poll then my favorite folks about what -they- do for weekend rituals?

Denise...who is hoping the hot water bottle on the screaming in pain shoulder, doesn't become part of the routine....

ferryengr

One of the Regulars
I always start every morning with making a latte on my espresso machine. Been doing that for 20 years. Always like my espresso when I read the paper. If it is the weekend, I move on to checking eBay.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I fry up a big bacon-and-eggs breakfast, or if I have a few extra bucks I walk downtown to my favorite lunchroom and let them do the frying. And then I get busy and do all the housework I've ignored during the week -- if I get it all done, I reward myself with another walk downtown for an ice cream cone.

Funny how these rituals revolve around high-fat food products. My doctor takes a dim view, but hey, he can afford to take vacations.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
LizzieMaine said:
I fry up a big bacon-and-eggs breakfast, or if I have a few extra bucks I walk downtown to my favorite lunchroom and let them do the frying. And then I get busy and do all the housework I've ignored during the week -- if I get it all done, I reward myself with another walk downtown for an ice cream cone.

Funny how these rituals revolve around high-fat food products. My doctor takes a dim view, but hey, he can afford to take vacations.

Yea...but you -walk- there....surely that counts against the badness.....

ps...you can borrow that justification...:eek:

Adelaidey

One of the Regulars
Morning: Sleep late, coffee, down to the caf and eat brekkers while reading a book.
Afternoon: Go somewhere in the city, depending on the weather-- shopping/thrifting, go for a coffee/smoothie, down to the lakefront (the planetarium or 12th St. Beach) with a book, go for a movie, Maxwell St. Market, etc.
Night: Be lazy in front of the TV/movie, do some schoolwork. Cuppa tea to relax.

Rosie

One Too Many
Normally, Saturday mornings, I wake up, dance, listen to music, wrap up my hair and clean the house, then I go out, walk the dog, call friends, receive calls and make plans for the evening. Then, I go online (like now) take a nap and rest up for the evening.

This evening's plans - Indie movie premiere, dinner, drinks, maybe dancing. :)

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Saturday and Sunday I usually get up between 9:30 and noon (depending on how tired I was the night before, and how easily I can coax myself out of bed). The next two hours are usually spent drinking a few cups of coffee, browsing the internet, and listening to ambient music (aka: Brian Eno, Deuter, Steve Halpern, Harold Budd, etc). Next, I force myself onto the treadmill for a 4 mile run. Then I shower for the day and spend the rest of the day alternating between relaxing and trying to finish any casework or school work that has been pending. Then I watch a movie in the evening, have a drink; and do it all again in the morning.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Saturday night, my mother and I watch a movie, usually on TCM.

Sunday, I read the paper, eat waffles, pet the dog, read a book, take a 5-hour nap, and go dancing.

Kimberly

Practically Family
I wake up, have coffee, go on the computer, do light house work and then hit the yard sales or thrifts.

Sundays are supposed to be my cleaning days but that hasn't been happening lately. :rolleyes:

rockyj

One of the Regulars
"The life long weekend ritual!"

Up early with my bestest good buddy Moe (Ten year old English bulldog) about a 15 minute stoop over walk around the house ( We both have arthritis). Half a gallon of coffee, off to Bagpipe lessons then whatever life throws at us. ;)

Flivver

Practically Family
For me, Saturdays are for catching up with all the household/yard chores I couldn't get to all week. But Sundays are for flea marketing in New Hampshire. I live for Sunday!

GeniusInTheLamp

One of the Regulars
Saturday night, after the 10:00 news, I pour myself a beer and watch a good movie.

Sunday is church and laundry day. And Sunday night is devoted to ironing while listening to the stereo (a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down).

pretty faythe

One Too Many
The only real routine I have is on Sunday, when I am not at work. Get up, get the gets up, cleaned up, dressed, yell, scream fuss at them and my mum, ship all three out the door to church. I relax for a few minutes and enjoy the silence. Clean up any mess made during the night from my moms cats or dogs, get my self cleaned and dressed and head to my sisters wait for her to finish doing the same.
Meet our mom and our collection of children for Sunday lunch, listen to the two of them fight and argue and run interfenance, listen to my mom and my oldest fight and argue run interfence. In between the argueing laugh at the insanity that we actually enjoy all of this madness. Threaten to wash the other childs mouth out with soap for talking back like she was actually a grwon up and not a child, get frustrated with my sisters son for acting like a 6 year old instead of a 14 year old. Laugh some more enjoying the good times. Make plans for more next week. lol.[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82