Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Size 7 Men's 1930's Fedoras

Lindy's

New in Town
I am looking for size 7 men's fedoras for my collection. I got out of wearing hats for a few years after having about 20 hats and now am looking to re-establish. I now have two 30's hats, one grey and one tan. I like the 30's era with the tall crown and narrow brim (2 & 1/8" to 2 & 1/4"). I live in California but would pay for shipping from anywhere. I only like new old stock, or used in mint, or very good condition. I am especially looking for light silver grey.
I wear these hats to work with suits and overcoats in the winter and create quite a ruckus. I've been called everything from Al Capone to "Lucky Lindy Luciano". I guess it comes with the territory.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Originally posted by scotrace
eBay is brimming with them any day of the week.

Pun intended I'm sure.

Try to narrow the ebay search a little by using 'Men's Dress Hat'. Hopefully, that'll eliminate a lot of the baseball/beret/cowboy/etc. stuff that you're not interested in.

Lindy's

New in Town
Men's Hats

I like the ebay idea. As far as cost goes, it just depends. I figure what I am looking for is not too common as far as size goes. I like what Funneman said as far as resizing my head. There are quite a few 7 & 1/8 and 7 & 1/4's out there. I have hope that once I start looking - I'll start finding. I'm glad we all share an interest in such a great era of time in our history.

carter

I'll Lock Up
Not 1930's but: there is a great Dobbs Gamebird size 7 in what appears to be great condition sitting on the bay right now.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I have several hats that I've outgrown in the last 3 months- my head went from a 7 to just under a 7 1/8....so I've been slowly transitioning to 7 1/8 hats.
But if you want some of my 7 hats, I'd be glad to sell them to you.
One size 7 milk chocolate/cafe au lait Royal Stetson with wide ribbon and overwelt...fair condition with a little crease damage to the front of the brim but very wearable and unnoticeable until you start kneading the felt. It's really soft...I'm guessing 30s- tall stovepipe crown, something like 2 1/4" brim.

Another similar colored Adam hat with a slightly wider brim, straight but shorter crown with a thinnish ribbon and matching bound brim. Not sure of date- the liner is taped in with these fabric tape things that I also have in an early 30s hat...the specs seem more 40s-esque to me.

I also have 50s hat in a dark gray blue with a rust brown ribbon and 2" overwelt brim. The ribbon has the box bow finishing in the back, and also has a wind trolley.

My last hat in a size 7 is a pearl gray early 30s Mallory...it's my favorite hat has it's my only perfect quintessential hat. It's in near perfect condition except that you can notice there is a slight ring around it near the top of the crown from the box it was probably stored in. Nobody can really notice- sunlight tends to bleach it out, and it's invisible at night...it only reveals itself under heavy scrutiny under indoor lighting. If I could find a similar hat in a 7 1/8, I'd give it up, as it's probably the exact hat you're looking for, but for now, it gets a nightly appointment with my hat stretcher. (It's the hat in my avatar)

PM me if you're interested in any of them.

Lindy's

New in Town
Hats

Mr Rover, keep me in mind for your Pearl Grey hat should you find another one in a 7 & 1/8. I'm looking for grey more than brown. I would also be interested in a blue hat. I used to own one and should have never gotten rid of it. Thanks for your post. I'll also let you know if I see a Pearl Grey hat in a 7 & 1/8 on ebay or wherever.

carter

I'll Lock Up
You need to check ebay but search as follows:

Adams Hats - there is a TERRIFIC 1930's model with a bound edge
Dobbs Hats -
Mallory Hats -
Knox Hats -
Stetson Hats -

I've seen at least one hat under each of these searches in your size or 7 1/8 that I would bid on if they fit me. The one under Adams hats is a real beauty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1