Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WANTED: Artist for a Logo

ShortClara

One Too Many
Hello all,

I am looking to start a little label for my vintage stuff, as well as stuff I make. I need a logo of a girl to go with my chosen name "The Dismal Dame".

I want it to be fun, and to look good both in a larger size (8X10) and on a tag (1 .5 inches or so).

I can pay a little, so please tell me what your rate is. I'd be glad to give a shout out to your URL anywhere I can and give credit for the art.

I love the idea of a John Held kind of flapper

held9.gif

and I love Clara Bow - loving the pose she has here:

ClaraBow.jpg

I don't want it to look like Clara (I actually want a blonde) but she's a definite inspiration. I want her to look fun but dismal - with a feisty attitude. If that makes sense. I would want color as opposed to black and white, but with the option of desaturating the art if I wanted to with your permission.

So, if anyone wants to play, reply or PM me with samples and rates.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Hi Retro Rob!

Thanks for the book suggestion - I'll have to look those up! And that looks swell (the Clara Bow update), but don't actually want to use Clara, even though she is so very lovely!

A bomber, huh? That's would be very cool if there were a bomber with that name! HEE!

ShortClara

One Too Many
Well this offer went over like a lead balloon :D

Does anyone know of an artist colony of sorts on the web who specialize in the vintage look (i.e. anywhere else to go to find talented vintage-y artists?)

Thanks!

ShortClara

One Too Many
Absolutely you can!! I just did it this way so people could choose to inquire or not, you know? I posted here because we have so may talented artists :)

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I thought Lady Day lived in the Bay Area / SF. Did she move and I missed the news? [huh]

Updated 02/11/08: I missed the news! Thanks for the update, HappyFilmLuvGuy! And good luck in mid-Wilshire LA, Lady Day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007