Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Things That Have Disappeared In Your Lifetime?

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
REAL, BEAUTIFUL CARS!!!

disney-hotel-5.jpg

Fine. Show us some. :p

I don't see a running board in the lot!

crater-lake-parking-lot.jpg

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Yeah, if he wants to Fix Or Repair it Daily. :p

Or he could buy one of those dratted Axle-Breakers with the bow-tie on the radiator shell.

I live in Ford country, but of a quiet summer night one can hear the gentle sound of the doors falling off of the Chevrolets.

Don't get me started on the vacuum tanks, weak differentials, and the grabby clutches... ;)

Last edited:

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
I bet you... soon there'll be "Virtual Disneyland". ;)
It'll be:
"Why bother your child with unnecessary exposing to crowd.. take him to Disneyland-online!"

..all kids nowadays have agoraphobia.. it's just that BIG SKY that's bothering them.. Just look at it, on that picture above.. too big, to.. blue? :eeek:

Interestingly enough, there was something called Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) that was floated as sort of on-line Disney thing. It's gone, I think.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
With all this Ford vs. Chevy talk, it's a miracle nobody's come up with a Peeing Calvin icon.

Surely you know that men are but High School boys at heart when it comes to motor cars. You ladies are on the whole much more sensible.

I went to school with Watterson. The infamous "P*****g Calvin is not his work, and I'd never promote it.

On the other hand, having driven T models for years, and having also owned a Chevrolet 490 and a '28 Imperial Landau (both of which were trouble-prone headaches) I'm afraid that the Bowtie leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, for even though they may have been a bit more stylish and perhaps they ran a trifle better for the first twenty thousand miles or so they did not have the toughness of the Ford machines.

I do understand that by the Fifties this had perhaps changed.

Last edited:

amador

A-List Customer
OK I don't know where this thread is going but one vintage thing that has disappeared in my lifetime, at least from where I grew up, are Outhouses. We used to tip them over during Holloween night and then help straighten then up the next day. Nice neighborhood. We used Sears catalog pages for TP. All you had to do was wad one up several times and good to go.

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
OK I don't know where this thread is going but one vintage thing that has disappeared in my lifetime, at least from where I grew up, are Outhouses. We used to tip them over during Holloween night and then help straighten then up the next day. Nice neighborhood. We used Sears catalog pages for TP. All you had to do was wad one up several times and good to go.

:eeek: ewww you used to tip them over..nasty :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth