Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Suit #2

tallyho

One of the Regulars
Here comes another suit from my collection that no longer fits me. I wanted to give you boys here a stab at it first before it goes to our favorite auction site. I would love to keep it in the Lounge though.

This is an excellent Medium Blue Double Breasted Suit. This is classic 40s style gents! The pictures I have here should show you all you need to know, but if you come up with any questions, feel free to ask. The condition is near mint. No issues that I can remember or find. A few of the highlights are: No back vent, a 4/2 button front, self welted lower jacket pockets with no flaps, three button cuffs, cut through lapel button hole, buttoned and zipped fly, coin/watch pocket inset in the very top of the waist band instead of below it, buttons for braces(rear ones on the outside), side seam pockets, drop down belt loops, extra belt loop at front and for all the arm hole nuts............high arm holes!

Measurements as follows-all taken while garment is laying flat and buttoned closed:

Jacket

22" arm pit to arm pit
34 1/2" top of collar to bottom
35" center of collar to end of sleeve
26 1/2" top sleeve to bottom
19" straight across shoulder to shoulder
20" across narrowest part of waist then flairs to 22" at bottom

Trousers

37" waist
44" outside seam
31 1/4" inside seam
DSC00405a.jpg