Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage detail

E.E.W.

New in Town
I am new member, yet I have been lerking about here for sometime. I have recently began to dress nicer for work. I work for an engineering firm so suits and ties are not normal attire. We are in the field often. I am a manager so I am not in the field like I once was. Our office is business casual to casual. I am trying to dress it up a bit above chinos and polo shirts.

I wore a pair of nice slacks and ...... a tie the other day an everyone thought I had lost my mind. Anyway I bought 2 suits from Jos. A Bank and 2 pair of gaberdine pants from them last week. I am looking to have a nice suit made and I would like to include some vintage details in the suit yet let it remain classic and dated. I was thinks of a 3 button 3 piece suit yet what kind of pants plain front or pleated. I am 6'1" and about 185. Any help would be great. I am dressing up the JAB suits with vintage ties, watches, and classic shoes. I have even bought a fedroa, and looking for another.

I am realy treated different when I am wearing a suit even without the fedora.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I'd say the main difference is usually the fit. Second would be the fabric. Third is construction. You can check out that thread at the top of the suits section that I made a sticky a few years back. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=1305

Pinched waist and higher waisted trousers are a start.
We need some pics of you.
number_2.jpg

1934%20sept.jpg

geraldtorquay1936.jpg

1121220imgcopy3dk.jpg

E.E.W.

New in Town
Thanks for the picks Matt. I have some great shots of my Grandfather but he was really in a suit. I love the classic lines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe