Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Very short men's hair cuts in the golden years

kaiser

A-List Customer
Hi everyone !

I am looking for a very short hair style that could have been found in the 1930's or 40's. Everything I have seen so far has been rather long on top. I have tried this style and since my hair is very wavey I have to put a great deal of pomade in it to get it to stay in place. The heavy pomade use is just not something that I like on a daily basis. I have looked around on the web for photos, but have not found anything. Anyone got any ideas on this ?

Thanks !

kaiser

A-List Customer
Thanks HBK, that might be an option. The wavey hair is not the only problem, it is that as I have gotten older it has also become a bit frizzy as well. The only way to really control it is with a good dose of pomade. The cut in your link looks like it gets by with just a little pomade which is what I am looking for.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maybe you are using the wrong pomade though? I have no curls but very thick hair. I need a medium to soft pomade to tame it.

I dunno about very short haircuts. Maybe you find some on pictures about the military? Recently someone posted a link about Mohawks in the 1940s...

kaiser

A-List Customer
Hi Historyteach24, thanks for the link. Is that a firm pomade ? I have been using Murrys Hair Glo which has a nice shine, but is rather soft. I may need to try something that has more hold to it.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
You might consult your barber or stylist. You may need to use a different shampoo, conditioner or other product.

A dab of VO5 half the size of a pea is all I use. If you need more than that the answer may lie in treating the hair before you add pomade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun