Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson jacket appreciation

BB1239

New in Town
Long time lurker, first time posting. Bought this Vanson from "the bay" a few months ago for riding and I love it! Thanks to @Monitor recommendation on this post: https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...n-motorcycle-jackets-recommend-me-one.103100/ He was right, amazing riding jacket. This thing feels like a tank! Yet very comfortable because of the great pattern. Definitely older Competition Weight leather, from the Sport Rider collection. Apparently this is a model they stopped making a while back. Best I can tell this jacket was made around 1993 or 1994. The Sportrider line is cut very short in the front. I'm a size 42 and this 42 was perfect, the front just covers my belt when on the bike in an upright position, and the back of the jacket almost touches the seat. The venting on this jacket is amazing, great for summer hot riding. No armor, but double thick leather in elbows and shoulders. Generous upper fit and very snug at the waist. Definitely couldn't layer under this thing for colder temps. It's amazing how Vanson can make a jacket pattern which fits my size perfectly, so snug and protective, and not restrict movement or be uncomfortable at all. New Vanson fan here.

Liked this Vanson so much, I ordered a used Model B for non-summer riding, which should be here in a few days. I'm convinced this forum creates leather addictions :)

Attachments

• IMG_4829.JPG
    IMG_4829.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4830.JPG
    IMG_4830.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member