Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson - 10% off (select items) - ends 8/11/24

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
Greetings!

I stopped by the Vanson site and they have 10% off through 8/11/24. I've been eyeing a Maverick in the Brandy Roma leather so I jumped in and ordered one in size 46. The usual turn around time is 8-9 weeks so it will hopefully arrive in early October. I think I've seen some other members who've obtained a Vanson with the Brandy Roma leather and it looks quite nice. The color should complement/expand on my current assortment of Type III's. Time will tell if this was a wise choice.

Last edited:

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
IMG_1654.jpeg

Good choice! The Brandy Roma is an excellent leather!

Mickiemac

One of the Regulars
View attachment 632417

Good choice! The Brandy Roma is an excellent leather!
Greetings and thanks a TON for the image of your Brandy Roma Vanson - is that a Maverick? I believe that is the pic I saw a while back which prompted me to visit the Vanson site - the brief discount they are offering pushed me over the edge to order one. The images on the site seem to indicate this leather is of a pull up type and may show more character/marks than a smooth finish leather as yours shows. Anyway, I do like the reddish hue and it is a major departure from the black, navy blue, and natural Type III's that I already have. Hopefully, nine weeks or so from now my Brandy Roma will be in hand for it's debut on FL. Thanks again for the great image.

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
Greetings and thanks a TON for the image of your Brandy Roma Vanson - is that a Maverick? I believe that is the pic I saw a while back which prompted me to visit the Vanson site - the brief discount they are offering pushed me over the edge to order one. The images on the site seem to indicate this leather is of a pull up type and may show more character/marks than a smooth finish leather as yours shows. Anyway, I do like the reddish hue and it is a major departure from the black, navy blue, and natural Type III's that I already have. Hopefully, nine weeks or so from now my Brandy Roma will be in hand for it's debut on FL. Thanks again for the great image.

It is indeed a Maverick!

Trouser Bark

Familiar Face
Thanks for the heads up re: ten off. Oddly, I had been on that site earlier today and hadn't paid any attention to the the giant banner at the top of the page. Regardless, I just snagged a Model B (non-house). I haven't had a TV for 30 years and have no idea who that character is. Looks like the only difference is roughly fifty bucks for bicep stripes that I don't think will make my jacket any more versatile.

Thanks again!

onstar

One of the Regulars
I have an oxford 9D in the Brandy Roma leather. It's really fantastic stuff. I think you'll love your maverick.
Thinking about Oxford as well. Does it come with plastic zippers? 2-way zippers? And how long did you have to wait before it arrived?

And does it squeak?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1